Help! Speed limiter

multiculture

Just Joined
Dec 25, 2023
Hi everyone, I'm Ashwien. I having reading comments on this forum for a longtime and finally decided to signed up. I'll really do appreciate any helpful solutions.. i have just purchased the Engwe 014. The LCD screen shows am riding on 58km/h and map shows I'm speeding on 24km/h. I have been searching the internet for solutions, will changing the controller and display give me more km/h?

Attachments

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
Did you try to change wheel size in options?

Edit: Do you know what is a purpose of a rear rack on your bike? Looks like a passenger seat.

It is well worth to check Engwe web page to have a laugh from their promo vids and photoshopped pictures. One of my favorite pictures is a guy with one foot who is jumping high on electric folder. At least he has full face helmet on :)

Most bikes there are for super tiny people.

Last edited:

multiculture

Just Joined
Dec 25, 2023
I tried to change the wheel size and still not working. I opened the rear rack and there was the controller seating and for passenger. But can the controller or display be the reason?

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
I am a little confused about what you want to achieve. Do you want proper speed to be displayed on your LCD or you want to ride faster?

multiculture

Just Joined
Dec 25, 2023
I am a little confused about what you want to achieve. Do you want proper speed to be displayed on your LCD or you want to ride faster?
I want both proper speed display and also to archive more speed while riding

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It is very unlikely you will be able to improve on the 24 KPH anyway, since your Engwe 014 model has obviously been designed for legal compliance.

The small rear wheel hub motor, 14" wheel with no room for larger, and fixed shaft drive for pedalling, almost all common options for more powered or pedalling speed are absent.

Reactions: multiculture