SpezElec says how you do..

SpezElec

Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2015
I am not after top speed,more like of an experiment and curious of what little extra power will do to my riding,I still enjoy riding my light road bikes,Sirrus is an experiment on the budget,I actually contemplated of using Lead Acid Batteries before as that how i have seen the front driven set up I have seen yesterday,decided not to

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
it's good that you have ruled out SLA. A 36V SLA battery on its own weighs more than your Sirrus. If there is an e-bike shop near where you live, you should really go see them and test ride a few before buying a kit. Don't rush into buying anything before you know what you like. Then come back and tell us.

SpezElec

Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2015
I already bought one,hope its fits the Sirrus Fork,250W front drive geared hub with 13 amp battery,cant wait

SpezElec

Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2015
I knew how heavy SLA was I tried an old pedelec with dilliinger hub/SLA combo and will be a bit dangerous when hurling down at 20 mph speeds

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i go down hills at 50 mph on mine in forest ;)

D

Deleted member 4366

It's not just the width between the drop-outs that's important. The inside face of the drop-out needs to be on the inside of the fork, and you need space above the drop-outs for the motor. Some forks slant inwards fom the drop-outs so that they rub on the edge of the motor.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
might get lucky might not should be easy to sort if not tho ;)

D

Deleted member 4366

Looking at the forks on your bike, I think you'll be OK, though I can't be 100% sure because the photos don't give a clear view from the front. I was speaking generally. It can be a real problem with some MTB forks, where the dropout is in line with the centre of the fork tube, so you get 100mm between the drop-outs, but only 70mm between the forks.

Reactions: soundwave

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
post a picture, we'll suggest something.

D

Deleted member 4366

If the pedal sensor is the one in their photo, you have to remove the botom bracket and put it behind the flange on the right side threaded piece, then reassemble.

Can you tell us something about the motor? Does it have any markings? Is it a direct drive one or a freewheeling one? You can tell by rotating it off the ground. A freewheeling one will turn freely forward, but you'll feel a bit of resistance backwards. A DD one will be the same both ways.

SpezElec

Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2015
the motor is marked 250 w,it makes a whizzing sound when turned backwards,the kit is from electric bike conversion ltd,he said its a 2 gearred motor which is what I want

SpezElec

Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2015
that sensor is held by only a cable tie and really I am happy with it,it works fine so far