Stand up straight there

geostorm

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2009
I had the misfortune of my Ezee forza falling over the stand snapped, as the old pun (they dont make them like they used to ) i never experienced any motor bikes doing that and i had at least 20 they of course were steel welded on, can anyone reccomend decent one that will fit ok.
thanks.

D

Deleted member 4366

One like mine should fit.
Sunlova Bike :: stand.jpg picture by d8veh - Photobucket
It attaches to both rear frame tubes, so is very strong. There's lots of similar ones, which you should be able to get from a decent bike shop, or perhaps this one:
Bike Bicycle Cycling Adjustable Side Kick Stand LDO6 on eBay (end time 19-Jan-11 10:41:12 GMT)

Can someone tell me how to attach photos. Other people seem to upload lovely photos, but I have a 297k limit, which would be bad quality. All mine get rejected because of the size limit.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Can someone tell me how to attach photos. Other people seem to upload lovely photos, but I have a 297k limit, which would be bad quality. All mine get rejected because of the size limit.
You probably need to resize the photos in a photo editor. Modern digital cameras produce photos of 3000 x 2000 pixels or more which are far too large for the website screen ,makimng it necessary to scroll sideways in this site. Resizing to around 800 x 600 pixels makes then fit on anyone's screen and greatly reduces the file size. Even 100k or less gives excellent quality when the photo is the right dimensions, most I post are jpegs about 30 k or less.

BLACKPANTHER

Pedelecer
Feb 21, 2010
Doncaster.
I use photobucket. Just download your pics, paste the img code and hey presto, you can bore everyone with your bike pics!:D

D

Deleted member 4366

I use photobucket and paste links- as you can see. What do you mean by pating the img code? BTW Lovely bike, but did you know it's unlucky to leave your Xmas decorations up after the 12th day!

BLACKPANTHER

Pedelecer
Feb 21, 2010
Doncaster.
I use photobucket and paste links- as you can see. What do you mean by pating the img code? BTW Lovely bike, but did you know it's unlucky to leave your Xmas decorations up after the 12th day!
I'm not sure what you're pasting? Where you've got the options

Email and IM
Direct link
HTML code
IMG code

Copy the IMG code and paste it. Then your pic, rather than the link shows in posts.

And about my lights........When I'm on my bike,

It's better to look a tit,
than get knocked off of it.:D

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
And that oversize photo above shows what I meant, it makes many who use moderate screen resolutions scroll from side to side to read the posts.

Please resize photos as I've indicated above so that we don't have to suffer that nuisance! Thank you.

Beeping-Sleauty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 12, 2006
Colchester, Essex
Pletscher ?

I had the misfortune of my Ezee forza falling over the stand snapped, as the old pun (they dont make them like they used to ) i never experienced any motor bikes doing that and i had at least 20 they of course were steel welded on, can anyone reccomend decent one that will fit ok.
thanks.
After a considerable revision of stands looking for one that would not blow over in the wind, fold up with no prompting or snag on my chain, or rip my little rubber booties off against the kerb, i took Mr Fleccs' advice and opted for the Pletscher Pletscher twin leg 26" bicycle kick stand UTILITY BIKE on eBay (end time 13-Feb-11 14:30:38 GMT) and i am delighted with it, sturdy, folds up tight to the l/h side, out of the way of the chain, Bootiful. Thank you Flecc.

*note: there is a 26" version & a 700 (28") version, they also come in black.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

Thanks for the ideas about pasting photos. Hopefully it should work next time. I use Ubuntu Linux so the Windows photo-editing software doesn't work for me. I have F-Spot [hoto editor, but it doesn't have a resizing function. If anybody knows a simple Linux photo-editing software that does resizing, please let me know because I would like to avoid uploading to photobucket every time if I can. I've tried various packages, but they all seem too complicated. There must be one somewhere. Thanks again.

CeeGee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 4, 2009
Weybridge, UK
Thanks for the ideas about pasting photos. Hopefully it should work next time. I use Ubuntu Linux so the Windows photo-editing software doesn't work for me. I have F-Spot [hoto editor, but it doesn't have a resizing function. If anybody knows a simple Linux photo-editing software that does resizing, please let me know because I would like to avoid uploading to photobucket every time if I can. I've tried various packages, but they all seem too complicated. There must be one somewhere. Thanks again.
Have you tried this - I have heard it mentioned by a few Linux users that I know.
SIR
I don't use Linux so I don't know just how simple it is.:)

Colin