Stealth bomber arrived this week with a 5400w motor

stevebills

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 14, 2010
Steve, just out of interest and nothing more than that, did you look at the e-Volz trail before making your decision? http://voltz-bikes.info/

I just seem to recall that Lee and his brother both purchased Stealth's, and by memory Lee had issues with his, and those issues culminated in the start and development of the Volz bikes.
The stealth is now version 2 since they owned them and hopefully a better machine

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
The stealth is now version 2 since they owned them and hopefully a better machine
Yes because last time I saw the bomber it seens like old machine.

I hope they don't use crystalite anymore and have latest 18650 and an adaptto board...

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Steve, I expect that you have already seen the following and know of ES forum member dlogic, but in case you haven't come across him, his videos about rebuilding the Suntour Vboxx are really interesting.

A very clever and helpful lad.

C

Cyclezee

I do that all the time and never had any issue with my bicycles.. would that be the same with a scooter?
Regarding parking a bicycle, if you have been parking it in an undesignated area, you have been lucky so far. When it comes to scooters, they should also be parked in designated bays.

2Lazy

Pedelecer
Jul 17, 2013
Milton Keynes
I had a Vespa 125cc a few years ago for a commute from East Dulwich to Central London. The Scooter was about six years old in really good nick and had done only 11k miles. Cost me £800 second hand and running costs were peanuts. £150 a year insurance, £80 a year parking permit, £4 a week petrol, £15 a year tax, add a yearly service and mot and it worked out to about £40 to £50 a month. Less than a bus pass, way less than a travelcard and a million times more fun than being on public transport. Parking was rarely a problem even in Westminster. The biggest problem was that it was a magnet for thieves and vandals, that and almost being killed a couple times in London traffic! The last near miss was so utterly terrifying it was enough for me to give it the elbow.

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
Steve, I expect that you have already seen the following and know of ES forum member dlogic, but in case you haven't come across him, his videos about rebuilding the Suntour Vboxx are really interesting.

A very clever and helpful lad.

Does this man really know what he is doing? I think not.:confused:

MS.

stevebills

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 14, 2010
ignore title the motor has 5200w not the 5400w i drank to much wine that night

nemesis

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 14, 2011
The U.S. army are trialing these for scouting and recon missions,very fast and stealthy.

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
I had a Vespa 125cc a few years ago for a commute from East Dulwich to Central London. The Scooter was about six years old in really good nick and had done only 11k miles. Cost me £800 second hand and running costs were peanuts. £150 a year insurance, £80 a year parking permit, £4 a week petrol, £15 a year tax, add a yearly service and mot and it worked out to about £40 to £50 a month. Less than a bus pass, way less than a travelcard and a million times more fun than being on public transport. Parking was rarely a problem even in Westminster. The biggest problem was that it was a magnet for thieves and vandals, that and almost being killed a couple times in London traffic! The last near miss was so utterly terrifying it was enough for me to give it the elbow.
So did you stop scootering because of the danger? Isn't it the same with a bicycle?

for the parking, can you easily find place to park in areas such as trafalgar square, oxford circus, etc? and for free?

2Lazy

Pedelecer
Jul 17, 2013
Milton Keynes
So did you stop scootering because of the danger? Isn't it the same with a bicycle?

for the parking, can you easily find place to park in areas such as trafalgar square, oxford circus, etc? and for free?
I stopped scootering because I moved from London to Milton Keynes. No need for the scooter in MK as car driving or cycling (city-wide network of cycle paths) are better and safer options. Even if I had stayed in London I probably would of stopped as my CBT was about to expire and as I say I'd had a very scary near miss involving a double decker bus. It was even more scary because it was my fault, I lost my concentration for a moment and almost became a pavement pizza! It's all too easy to become somewhat complacent and slip into a day dream for a moment or two but you just can't do that in London, you have to be hyper vigilant at all times on London roads. I'd say that on balance cycling is probably safer than a motorcycle in London if you can avoid main trunk roads and stick to quiet back roads and designated cycle routes.

As for parking I parked in the Aldwych / Strand area and generally always found a space. Covent Garden and the West End was often difficult as there seemed to be a lack of spaces. But there was parking to be had if you knew the right places. Westminster did introduce parking charges for motorcycles (much to my displeasure) but it was at that time relatively inexpensive. Not sure what it is now but I think back in 2009 it was around £80 a year.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
I stopped scootering because I moved from London to Milton Keynes. No need for the scooter in MK as car driving or cycling (city-wide network of cycle paths) are better and safer options. Even if I had stayed in London I probably would of stopped as my CBT was about to expire and as I say I'd had a very scary near miss involving a double decker bus. It was even more scary because it was my fault, I lost my concentration for a moment and almost became a pavement pizza! It's all too easy to become somewhat complacent and slip into a day dream for a moment or two but you just can't do that in London, you have to be hyper vigilant at all times on London roads. I'd say that on balance cycling is probably safer than a motorcycle in London if you can avoid main trunk roads and stick to quiet back roads and designated cycle routes.

As for parking I parked in the Aldwych / Strand area and generally always found a space. Covent Garden and the West End was often difficult as there seemed to be a lack of spaces. But there was parking to be had if you knew the right places. Westminster did introduce parking charges for motorcycles (much to my displeasure) but it was at that time relatively inexpensive. Not sure what it is now but I think back in 2009 it was around £80 a year.
Wise words about cycling in London.

I enjoy it, but you do have to be at the top of your game.

Doable for the occasional journey, but a big ask for a twice a day commute.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Westminster did introduce parking charges for motorcycles (much to my displeasure) but it was at that time relatively inexpensive. Not sure what it is now but I think back in 2009 it was around £80 a year.
Now £100 for a one year permit, or a sliding scale of charges for shorter periods starting at £1 per day.

Westminster's reason for introducing the charges was not financial but a way of rationing demand due to the lack of spaces that both you and cwah mention

ALV

Just Joined
Jun 4, 2016
London
I'm a long-time motorbike rider, I've had a few 125cc bikes in the past and currently ride a Honda CBR. A 125cc would actually be so much cheaper than one of these "Stealth Bomber" bikes or something similar.

Annual parking is £100 in Westminster but is free pretty much everywhere else. Running costs of a 125cc should be no more than around £500-£800 per year with everything included (insurance, tax, MOT, parking, petrol). It would take 10 years before you even approached the cost of one of these electric bikes. Even if your 125 was damaged beyond repair you could replace it for about £1000. There are actually running costs for an electric bike too, including charging, deterioration of the motor / battery, servicing, etc, as others here have pointed out.

If the price came down I'd definitely buy one, they look like loads of fun, but the £10,000 price tag renders it a toy for someone with a lot of money to spare.

electrickery

Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2015
fife scotland
I'm a long-time motorbike rider, I've had a few 125cc bikes in the past and currently ride a Honda CBR. A 125cc would actually be so much cheaper than one of these "Stealth Bomber" bikes or something similar.

Annual parking is £100 in Westminster but is free pretty much everywhere else. Running costs of a 125cc should be no more than around £500-£800 per year with everything included (insurance, tax, MOT, parking, petrol). It would take 10 years before you even approached the cost of one of these electric bikes. Even if your 125 was damaged beyond repair you could replace it for about £1000. There are actually running costs for an electric bike too, including charging, deterioration of the motor / battery, servicing, etc, as others here have pointed out.

If the price came down I'd definitely buy one, they look like loads of fun, but the £10,000 price tag renders it a toy for someone with a lot of money to spare.
have you seen the new Honda forza 125 ? genuine 80 mph midi scoot..very nice indeed ..4k but worth it if your in the market for a cool learner legal scoot..

ALV

Just Joined
Jun 4, 2016
London
have you seen the new Honda forza 125 ? genuine 80 mph midi scoot..very nice indeed ..4k but worth it if your in the market for a cool learner legal scoot..
It looks okay I guess but I'm only really interested in faster bikes, like 600cc plus. There are plenty of 125's that are really economical but I'm willing to spend a little more for the thrill!

Advertisers