Storck Multitask RADDAR Review on Bikeradar.com

As part of their e-bike week on Bikeradar.com the Storck Multitask RADDAR gets a wopping 4.5 out of 5 review here:

Storck Raddar Multitask Review - BikeRadar

The Special Edition of this model is the same as the bike reviewed here less, Mudguard, rack and lights and has an Alivio chainset (rather than Deore) SRP £2499 and due for delivery from 25th May.

Caph

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 29, 2008
Nottingham, UK
OK, I'll bite. £2.5K for a £100 Alivio groupset, £100 pair of wheels, £60 pair of brakes, non-suspension frame, and 250Watt hub motor with I'm guessing a 9Ah lipo battery. What gives? I'm guessing there's a lot more to this bike than we are being told.

Hi Caph.
It's OK I don't bite back :) You are slightly informed and hope to clarify. The Group set is full Shimano Deore expect for Alivio Crank / Chainring. Not sure where you are getting the price for wheels and brakes?
Firstly the frame is of the highest quality and finish and won many design awards and Test. 7005 Aircraft grade alloy, tripple butted downtube, double welded joints and smooth welded for added strength. This does not come cheap. Each frame is checked for perfect alignment before assembly. Not just any type of paint is used to protect the frame. Storck Alloy frames are powder coated with high quality plastic covering. This multi-layer process creates an extremely durable and resistant surface. As the colour is applied without harmful solvents or residues this process is environmentally friendly.
Not to mention the Storck Custom finishing kit of Stem, bar and seatpost.
The whole bike weighs under 20kgs.
The motor is a Swiss built 250Watt 60 Nm torque with 10Ah Lithium Polymer battery with matched cells. As discussed here so many times. You can look at the motor / battery spec for as long as you wish. The only way to get a true value of performance and distance when you ride the bike yourself.
We got some great feedback from everyone who rode the bikes at TDP and have posted this feedback on another thread.
Caph, you are right, there is a lot more to this bike, and I'm very happy to explain further without any marketing bullsh,,t

Scottyf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2011
i think it looks great and the swiss motor does sound appealing. Least your getting a decent frame and group set.

Like with anything you pay for the support and warrenty as well mark up on parts and i can't imagine the motor come's cheap if its swiss manufactured.

Hence the price reflects it.

dmcgoldrick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2010
YouTube - e bike wish list

looks good........but the price is high.......not sure why no front suspension...would the big apple tyres compensate for that ?....also no 'computer' on the bike i saw to give the usual speed/distance/battery use/warnings etc.......

apparently there is one in edinburgh to test ride.....but would need to be a keener price point to be of real interest to me......unless that lottery ticket comes in......

regards

HarryB

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2007
London
I think it is over-priced too I am afraid. There seem to be lots of bikes coming onto the market at around this price but they all seem to offer more - The Bosch system, suspension, full lights and accessories, proper console etc. This looks like a standard bike with a motor thrown on like the Bionx kit - the frame has not even been developed for an electric bike (so no extra tooling costs). The Multitask is described as the cheapest bike Storck entry level bike - I cannot see the extra value or where the money has gone unless that is a very well developed motor that does something the Bionx does not?

Last edited:
I think it is over-priced too I am afraid. There seem to be lots of bikes coming onto the market at around this price but they all seem to offer more - The Bosch system, suspension, full lights and accessories, proper console etc. This looks like a standard bike with a motor thrown on like the Bionx kit - the frame has not even been developed for an electric bike (so no extra tooling costs). The Multitask is described as the cheapest bike Storck entry level bike - I cannot see the extra value or where the money has gone unless that is a very well developed motor that does something the Bionx does not?
HarryB.
I don't expect Storck RADDAR pedelec bikes will be for everyone. Obviously too expensive for your good self.
May I ask if you have ridden this bike and compared it to anything with Bosch or Bionix sytem? Or are you just looking at Specs ?
The frame did start out as a commuting bike and the developed furtther to take the RADDAR System. Thousands of hours of testing were done to ensure the frame was stong enough especially around the rear triangle.
Rather than go for an 'Off the shelf' motor/drive system, the RADDAR sytem was developed by Markus Storck and is unique. Unless you have riden this bike, no amount of spec sheet or markeing blurb will tell the real story. Does it produce something different to a Bionix? Yes it does. The Bionix is a great system, so is the new Bosch. The RADDAR sytem offers a much smoother and linear power delivery than either of these.
To keep the weight as low as possibel we fit an all alloy fork tuned to the frame and Schwalbe Big Apple tyres rather than front suspension, which, quite honestly, you dont need for road?
For user interaction, we have a battery level indicator on the battery and again, rather than spec a standard computer, we offer a smart phone mount for the stem so you can choose which ever app you prefer.
Always Happy to help and inform :)

HarryB

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2007
London
Where on my post does it say that I am not willing or able to spend that on an electric bike? So why the comment about it being too expensive for me? You are missing the point of the post. The bike is too expensive for what it is (in my opinion) and you will have few buyers unless the price is dropped by at least £500. I am not a mug punter who would spend over £600 for no added value. In the same market i would go for the Kalkoff b27 which comes fully equipped. Kalkoff is now a known brand - the build quality and finish are fantastic. By the way the idea that I would stick my iPhone onto the handle bars and cycle through London is laughable even if it does save a bob or two for storck! I appreciate the effort you are going to to advertise this bike but it doesn't wash with me.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Agree H, 2k and I would look at one. But no LCD display is inexcusable at this price level

Last edited:

Biged

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 7, 2010
Watnall, Nottingham
To keep the weight as low as possibel we fit an all alloy fork tuned to the frame and Schwalbe Big Apple tyres rather than front suspension, which, quite honestly, you dont need for road?
I don't know what the roads are like where you live? but i have front suspension and Schwalbe Big Apple tyres and would fit something extra if possible! :(

Scottyf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2011
Suspension stem? lol

Where on my post does it say that I am not willing or able to spend that on an electric bike? So why the comment about it being too expensive for me? You are missing the point of the post. The bike is too expensive for what it is (in my opinion) and you will have few buyers unless the price is dropped by at least £500. I am not a mug punter who would spend over £600 for no added value. In the same market i would go for the Kalkoff b27 which comes fully equipped. Kalkoff is now a known brand - the build quality and finish are fantastic. By the way the idea that I would stick my iPhone onto the handle bars and cycle through London is laughable even if it does save a bob or two for storck! I appreciate the effort you are going to to advertise this bike but it doesn't wash with me.
H, Like I have said, I'm happy to help and inform and will always reply in a polite helpful manner :). The Storck will not be the bike for everyone and everyone is entitled to their opinion.