Struggling to narrow down a good choice

Smithy

Just Joined
May 11, 2023
Hello All,

I am on the look out for an ebike but as someone who is completely new to them and finding it a bit overwhelming, I thought I would seek some more experienced advice from you all. Here is an info dump that I hope aligns and makes sense with the bikes I have short-listed below:

Use case - Not for commuting, but for getting out of the house and supporting other outdoor hobbies such as days out, metal detecting, and going to beaches and fields (20-40 miles round trip). With the occasional trip to the nearest town which is a 10-mile round trip.​
An e-bike over a normal bike would allow me to get further range and deal with the hills better. I normally walk doing all these but it takes far to long to get to my location, long trips I just take a bivvy bag and split it into 2 days.​
Terrain - Mostly farmers tracks, single track roads or paved roads, nothing to off track - quite hilly.​
Conditions - Highlands - wet most of the time with snow/ice in the winter months.​
Me - 45 years old, 100KG, with no health issues around cycling and my budget is around £2000 max.​
So far I have looked at the following bikes with a leaning towards fat tire bikes due to the above but I am quite aware of how heavy these bikes are (30KG) so not sure if that is a bad thing in my case. So far I am leaning toward the Buffalo.

Himiway Cruiser - Liked the fat tires as they seemed like a good match for the location, good reviews but turns out a lot of these are paid (not all) but one user here posted a good review. I have dismissed this as an option for now due to the reviews regarding support. Cruiser Link
BGB Buffalo 250W - Very similar to the Crusier by the looks of it, UK company and they seem quite good in general, hydraulic brakes which the crusier didn't have. My only concern is they don't list the component names etc so not sure if they are any good. Buffalo Link
Ampere X-Trail - Not a fat tire but seemed like decent parts, lighter in weight and with the upgraded battery seems like a great range. Ampere Link

Would be great to get some opinion's on this and if any one has other suggestions that would be much appreciated.

Last edited: