Sun's out!

Davanti

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 10, 2012
As I sit in my empty shed, on my own, all alone, drinking coffee and leafing through the Whisper brochure for the hundredth time, I dream of when my boat finally comes in. Its not exactly my own boat, you understand. Its that slow boat from China bringing my Wisper 905 SEL to me. Its been on order for a month now ... but I'm told its worth waiting for. I must say, I am really looking forward to cycling (with throttle assistance!) along the leafy lanes of Norfolk, the sun beating down on me and a cooling breeze in my face ...

My 96 year old mother lives in the next village and I visit each morning to make her breakfast ... and again each evening to make her tea and close her curtains. That's the reason I am buying an electric bicycle; not to make her tea (!), but to make the short journey to her twice a day. The weekly cost of diesel fuel is currently £60+ and that is just travelling locally visiting my mother and taking her shopping. Oh! Almost forgot ... also visiting my elderly parents-in-law who also live in an adjacent village but in the opposite direction to my mother. Still with me?

i've also been whiling away the time reading the Pedelecs posts on my iPad. I admit that I don't understand any of the technical jargon, so I expect to be visiting the cycle dealers frequently with absolutely anything that is amiss with the bike. I'm not technically minded at all; in fact I used to trade in my cars when the ash-trays got full. (I'm keeping my cars much longer now since I gave up smoking!)

This started out as a quick note just to say hello as a new member to Pedelecs; but I've gone on a bit ... more than I intended! I don't tweet, haven't got a blog and I'm not on Facebook. In fact, this is the first time I've written anything like this! It must be because I feel as though I'm already part of the cycling fraternity ... and I haven't even got a bike yet!

Ah! It's just started to rain ... do they still sell those bright yellow cycle capes that let the rain drops penetrate at the collar? I last wore one in 1952 cycling to school ...

Regards

Davanti

Written on my iPad in my shed (Every man should have one ... shed, I mean)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Hi Davanti, a warm welcome to the forum and great to hear you are joining the e-biking community. And yes, those yellow capes are still available though more often with hoods than sou-westers, though the latter are still available. A hoodie one might do the trick to keep the neck dry!

Post as long and often as you like, this is an informal forum where many posting styles are welcome.

Kenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2007
West of Scotland
Hope your bike comes soon Davanti. You've made an excellent bike choice as the back up from wisper is first class. Also there's always plenty of knowledgeable forum members to keep you on the right track.

Sounds like the bike is going to get lots of use so please post when the bike arrives and let us know your impressions. I'm sure you'll love it!

Davanti

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 10, 2012
Hi Davanti, a warm welcome to the forum and great to hear you are joining the e-biking community. And yes, those yellow capes are still available though more often with hoods than sou-westers, though the latter are still available. A hoodie one might do the trick to keep the neck dry!

Post as long and often as you like, this is an informal forum where many posting styles are welcome.
Many thanks for the link, flecc. Sorry for the late response but I've only just noticed the link.