Suspension seat post

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
I'd like to strongly recommend this - BikeHut Bike Bicycle Alloy In-Line Suspension Seat Post - 27.2mm 28.6mm. It's a quality basic seatpost that has a 28.6mm shim included, if you need that particular size of shim. I didn't use the shim, but I did use one of the 3 differing weight springs that are also included.

It's very well made with strong components and the springs are well greased.

s-l1600.jpg Bikehut.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Kinninvie

Andy Bluenoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2016
uk
I'd like to strongly recommend this - BikeHut Bike Bicycle Alloy In-Line Suspension Seat Post - 27.2mm 28.6mm. It's a quality basic seatpost that has a 28.6mm shim included, if you need that particular size of shim. I didn't use the shim, but I did use one of the 3 differing weight springs that are also included.

It's very well made with strong components and the springs are well greased.

View attachment 18768 View attachment 18767
Tempted to get one of those....dont want to spend loads as Ive never tried one before.

Is the tilt angle of the seat adjustable with it?

Reactions: LeighPing

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
Tempted to get one of those....dont want to spend loads as Ive never tried one before.

Is the tilt angle of the seat adjustable with it?
I had to jiggle the 2 bolts to get it level and right for me. Initially the back stuck up because I'd tightened one off completely too soon. The rounded plate at the bottom is loose and turns to whichever way you want it to.

DSC01277.JPG DSC01278.JPG DSC01279.JPG DSC01281.JPG

I just did a test ride and took my 5 year old grandson for a 'backy', sat on the bikerack bag. Solid.

Reactions: Andy Bluenoes

Andy Bluenoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2016
uk
OK, cheers.....my seat is quite a lot higher in comparison to yours....i could actually do with my handle bars higher but thats another story........ so I tend to try and get the front of the seat pointing slightly up...looks like that lower U piece is serrated to move it up or down a bit which would work

Andy Bluenoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2016
uk
I don't think that it is serrated. I'll go take it apart and see..
Dont do that if it means losing your position.....Im hoping to have my atrocity back on the road for the weekend, and need to nip to halfords to get a new brake cable so can take a closer look when i go :)

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
Too late.. I wanted to know anyhow. It's not serrated. However it locks in pretty good with the two bolts. I did before and after pics 'jumping on the seat' type tests, simulating an extreme cross country ride. It never budged at anytime. So, here's a few pics in different positions. The most angled, back and forth, that I could do.

DSC01284.JPG DSC01286.JPG DSC01289.JPG DSC01290.JPG DSC01291.JPG DSC01292.JPG DSC01293.JPG DSC01285.JPG

The bolts are of good quality. Quite often they're made of cheese! :oops:

Andy Bluenoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2016
uk
Perfect, thanks for doing that, loads of adjustment there.
I'll reserve one from halfords and pick it up over the weekend. Should be great for the atrocity, and transfer to the new one later on :)

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
Too late.. I wanted to know anyhow. It's not serrated. However it locks in pretty good with the two bolts. I did before and after pics 'jumping on the seat' type tests, simulating an extreme cross country ride. It never budged at anytime. So, here's a few pics in different positions. The most angled, back and forth, that I could do.

View attachment 18775 View attachment 18777 View attachment 18780 View attachment 18781 View attachment 18782 View attachment 18783 View attachment 18784 View attachment 18785

The bolts are of good quality. Quite often they're made of cheese! :oops:
Good illustrations LeighPing.

Andy Bluenoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2016
uk
Put the post on this morning....what a difference it makes!
Cant obviously compare to an expensive one as I have never tried one, but for £12, its an absolute bargain.
Thanks for the tip LeighPing ;)

Andy Bluenoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2016
uk
The middle one...I'm just on the border in terms of weight for that and next one up but it seems fine

Sent from my BUSH SPIRA D3 5 using Tapatalk

• Informative

Advertisers