Just re blacked my spokes, will take ages to get the masking tape off LOL

No complaints please I am happy

Img_1733.jpgImg_1732.jpg

Reactions: Sturmey and Woosh

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
May I ask what was the purpose of this exercise? To me it looks like a lot of unnecessary work.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Just so you know, that's quite rude.

What does it look like now they're back on the bike?
Maybe it was, but possibly justified in response to Az.'s earlier post?

It would be good if everyone could appreciate that different people have different priorities. That is so whether it is something cosmetic (such as colour of spokes) or more fundamental (how you want to use your bike and therefore whether hub or crank motor is more suitable).

• Agree
Reactions: Saracen and lenny

chris667

Pedelecer
Apr 7, 2009
Maybe it was, but possibly justified in response to Az.'s earlier post?
No, I don't feel it is. And speaking as another formally diagnosed neurodivergent (although I wouldn't put it on a banner and expect strangers on the Internet to treat me differently because of it) I would welcome someone pointing out to me if I was missing a social cue.

Being autistic does not give you the right to be rude.

Sturmey

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2018
Ireland
Just re blacked my spokes, will take ages to get the masking tape off LOL

No complaints please I am happy
Just a tip that might help. If any of the spokes get scratched, you can use black touch up paint or even cheap black nail varnish .

Reactions: Saracen

Saracen

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2023
No, I don't feel it is. And speaking as another formally diagnosed neurodivergent (although I wouldn't put it on a banner and expect strangers on the Internet to treat me differently because of it) I would welcome someone pointing out to me if I was missing a social cue.

Being autistic does not give you the right to be rude.
I thought this was rude

"May I ask what was the purpose of this exercise? To me it looks like a lot of unnecessary work. "

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I thought this was rude

"May I ask what was the purpose of this exercise? To me it looks like a lot of unnecessary work. "
I too was wondering why you did it. The spokes are black in your original photo, and they looked fine to me. I'm completely puzzled, and I bet others are too. Can you please explain?

Saracen

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2023
I too was wondering why you did it. The spokes are black in your original photo, and they looked fine to me. I'm completely puzzled, and I bet others are too. Can you please explain?

VERY rusty and paint peeling off after 5 years Thanks

The "Mach 1 Sub zero" wheels are a 100% contrast to gloss black centres and spokes

I just like things to look nice. Shame about the rusty rotor

IMG_1736.jpgIMG_1737.jpgIMG_1738.jpg

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
Having recently re-spoked a busted wheel with shiny silver spokes to replace what was black painted, I fully understand the aesthetic requirement.. while silver spokes add to visibility at night a tad which is a real benefit, i cant help thinking they are too 'loud' for the bikes over all look.

lookin good there @Saracen

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I use stainless steel a simply wipe with a rag and all looks gleaming . Personally I would select SS over crappy painted steel any day.

• Agree
Reactions: robert44

Saracen

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2023
Having recently re-spoked a busted wheel with shiny silver spokes to replace what was black painted, I fully understand the aesthetic requirement.. while silver spokes add to visibility at night a tad which is a real benefit, i cant help thinking they are too 'loud' for the bikes over all look.

lookin good there @Saracen

I am loud :)

Saracen

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2023
I use stainless steel a simply wipe with a rag and all looks gleaming . Personally I would select SS over crappy painted steel any day.

Most rude so why post, really WHY post just to be rude ???

• :D
Reactions: Nealh

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
I was expecting shiny stainless steel when I needed three replacement spokes 400+ miles from home back in October, but the closest shop told me 'everything is black these days' and produced exactly the right length in matching black for my wobbly wheel.

After 30 months and nearly 15,000 miles, my black spokes are rusty at every crossing where the paint has rubbed off. If I was respoking completely I'd go for shiny.

Saracen

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2023
I was expecting shiny stainless steel when I needed three replacement spokes 400+ miles from home back in October, but the closest shop told me 'everything is black these days' and produced exactly the right length in matching black for my wobbly wheel.

After 30 months and nearly 15,000 miles, my black spokes are rusty at every crossing where the paint has rubbed off. If I was respoking completely I'd go for shiny.

Mine were perfect just needed a rub down and respray

The black contrasts the white wheels

Related Articles

Advertisers