Eastbourne
How to win friends and influence people! :D

Gaz

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
there loosing to much cash not using the uplift service ;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
my m8 said he will take his bmx and only pay 2 quid as could only do 2 runs with single speed bike.

it is still the same price for a season pass tho :D

• Informative

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
I shall boycott BPW, how ridiculous, not worth the money to visit and ride, rather go elsewhere. 2 1/2-3 hour drive from me to there or 3 hour drive to one of the 7 Stanes mmmmmmm think I know which one I'd chose.

• Agree
I've said it before and I'll say it again, that is utter baloney!
SW got it, lots of revenue from uplift service.
They should charge less for eMTBers as they are polluting the planet less by riding back up rather than smelly diesel uplift service van.
Keeeeerching!

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

• Agree

chris130256

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 4, 2016
herefordshire
There are hundreds of miles of premium mtb trails starting within 15 minutes of BPW. Also, there's some superb free trail bike centres that are 30 to 45 minutes away. I've wanted to try B P W since I got my Haibike but have never got round to it because of riding fantastic places nearby.
I will still go there once but this leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing and Nealh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Don't see the need for bike venues, make use of local trails and that which mother nature provides as well as local woodland or public parks. Down here the low Weald, Surrey Hills / North downs provides very good riding as do the South Downs.
55 miles yesterday visiting the Surrey Hills and 73 today down to the coast for lunch and home via the Downs.

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing and Gaz

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
Wonder if they've thought about insisting only BPW pedals are used, for hire at very reasonable rates. Perhaps a handlebar levy and saddle tax too :rolleyes:

Have to wonder whether it's actually just about the publicity.

Gaz

• Agree

Monoblock

Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2016
It will be lost revenue, they are struggling to make it viable as is, they rely on most people using the uplift service, if you do it's the same price as a normal bike.
Instead of picking on ebikes they should have just upped the non uplift ticket but this way they pander to the majority of non powered riders and get so kudos for standing against ebikes - the reality it, even ebike riders i know who have been there have bought an uplift pass, ridden up at lunch time when the van is not in operation and used the uplift other times - it is what it is, you go / not go but I imagine many will still go - largely because a lot of people will be mixed, some normal bikes, some ebikes, in that situation, to stay together, they will be using the uplift

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree

Eckythump

Pedelecer
Jan 16, 2017
North Yorkshire Moors
Get yer sens up to Yorkshire.. World class trails and we definately don't pay for owt!
Dunno about that. I was at Dalby yesterday, the car park charge was £8 and the trails cannot be compared. By the time you added on £10+ for a sandwich, cake and a couple of drinks it was more than a day pass and hot food at Bike Park Wales.

It would be cool if they used the additional funds to install a load of charging stations or modify the uplift trailers so they could take more than 1 bike with plus size tyres.

If nothing else it shows ebikes are becoming 'a thing', otherwise it wouldn't warrant them changing signs, webpages, making videos etc to make an extra charge for an odd ebike here and there.
Last time I was there we saw 20 odd ebikes over the two days.....

Related Articles

Advertisers