Tire choice

Anthonyexmouth

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2017
Exmouth
Got a slow puncture on my 2017 giant full e+2 . Gonna go tubeless and replace rear tire. Has anyone tried a 2.8 on the back? What would be a good choice for someone riding 50/50 trail/road?

D

Deleted member 22539

Do you know
The best allround tyre I have used too date is the schwalbe super moto x
I was almost shocked at how well it performed off-road on wet fire roads and fairly muddy trails
Obviously put it through deep mud and it spins up but still got where I was going up the Brecon Beacons
On road it’s obviously really good as well
All in all a happy camper till heavy winter comes again

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
And do you know what the narrower lighter version of that tyre is called? Big Ben Plus! I wish they made it in 26" I quite fancy a 2.8" rear tyre.

The Bear

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2017
South Yorks
Do you know
The best allround tyre I have used too date is the schwalbe super moto x
I was almost shocked at how well it performed off-road on wet fire roads and fairly muddy trails
Obviously put it through deep mud and it spins up but still got where I was going up the Brecon Beacons
On road it’s obviously really good as well
All in all a happy camper till heavy winter comes again
That looks a good tyre for my type of riding. Doesn't look ike its available for my 29" wheels. Though tyre sizing still really confuses me.

D

Deleted member 22539

That looks a good tyre for my type of riding. Doesn't look ike its available for my 29" wheels. Though tyre sizing still really confuses me.
I’ve just had a look to
It does seem your right
But keep an eye on them as they could well start in that size sometime
Maybe worth giving schwalbe an email and asking if and when .

GLJoe

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 21, 2017
UK
SuperMotoX is indeed currently only available in 650B (and some very small wheel size).
Which is a pity. I'd love a 29" version.

Parky

Pedelecer
Apr 9, 2018
Kent
Just ordered some Schwalbe SUPER MOTO-X from Chain Reaction for better rolling resistance :cool:

Parky

Pedelecer
Apr 9, 2018
Kent
Just ordered some Schwalbe SUPER MOTO-X from Chain Reaction for better rolling resistance :cool:
Delivered today - took bike to a well know motor / bike parts centre for fitting and addition of slime to inner tubes for added protection.
Glad I didn’t try it myself as he (well experienced) had a real job getting original tyres off the rims.
I think the tyres add a more ‘stealthy’ look to the bike and I’m about to go out and try them out....

Attachments

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
id watch some you tube vids as it will save you a fortune in the long run, you dont need that many tools tbh ;)

Parky

Pedelecer
Apr 9, 2018
Kent
id watch some you tube vids as it will save you a fortune in the long run, you dont need that many tools tbh ;)
I have watched a few YouTube vids and where I can I will have a go and I’ve got a reasonable tool collection. ;)

As I say he was having a real job to shift the originals - saved me sweating and swearing on a Sunday afternoon :D

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
when i first had my bike i had to replace the front tyre and get some more sealant so went to evens cycles.

total with vat to fit it to the rim was going to cost £100.

i never went back lol ;)

• Dislike
Reactions: Parky

The Bear

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2017
South Yorks
Delivered today - took bike to a well know motor / bike parts centre for fitting and addition of slime to inner tubes for added protection.
Glad I didn’t try it myself as he (well experienced) had a real job getting original tyres off the rims.
I think the tyres add a more ‘stealthy’ look to the bike and I’m about to go out and try them out....
Nice. So did you find some in 29" size then?

D

Deleted member 22539

Nice one
Enjoy:)

Reactions: Parky

Related Articles

Advertisers