Tonaro Bighit,how to create a problem.

scarrabri

Pedelecer
May 14, 2011
Stoke on Trent
Hi ,i thought i would post this for all the Tonaro fanatics,which seems to be growing daily ,
i had a problem where the power mode switch which has 1to 3 on it was not responding ,and did nothing in any of the settings ,so i spoke to Phil the boss man at powerpedals and he asked me to test all the settings on a slight hill,this i did .and nothing happend ,now by luck i checked all the cables ,but noticed the silvery thing on the spokes with a magnet built in it had moved,and was not in line with the sensor,so with screw driver in hand and the flick of the wrist,hey presto, every egg a bird ,all was well again ,and how did all this happen in the first place ? because some clown when he washed it moved it ,and that was me lol every egg a bird ,best wishes Brian.

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
I did wonder Brian if you had a problem yesterday when you asked someone about your power mode not responding.....great you sorted it so easily......honestly, you men......locks and no keys....then washing and moving crucial parts.....steady on there.... :) :)
Best wishes Lynda

steveindenmark

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 10, 2011
Thanks for this Brian.

Mine is working perfectly but I wondered what that attachment on the front wheel was for.

I am glad you got it sorted out.

Steve

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
golden rules: Never wash ebikes. Never do anything with ebikes.
Stroking ebikes is ok from from time to time. But don't over do it!

PJM

Pedelecer
Mar 31, 2011
The magnet should actually be on the rear wheel and not the front. If you take it off you cannot risk having the problem again and might be in for a pleasant surprise :)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
You are right PJM, BUT TAKING IT OFF IS A NO ,NO,WE WILL ALL END UP DOING TIME ,lol
But it could slip out of alignment with the sensor without you knowing. ;)

No-one gets prosecuted for a vehicle fault that crops up during a journey

scarrabri

Pedelecer
May 14, 2011
Stoke on Trent
I did wonder Brian if you had a problem yesterday when you asked someone about your power mode not responding.....great you sorted it so easily......honestly, you men......locks and no keys....then washing and moving crucial parts.....steady on there.... :) :)
Best wishes Lynda
You are funny Lynda lol ,i personaly think all the washing and scrubing including E/bikes ,should always be done by the more gentle female so as not to have all the bl---y problems i had ,lol,very best wishes Lynda,Brian. ps
just a thought maybe this is why i am alone ,sob,sob, you must be joking lol.

Last edited:

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Whats with all this washing and stroking lark......are you lot men or shammy(chamoix?) leathers ?
In all the time I have had my bike I have never washed it, certainly never stroked it (keep that for my pommies LOL) never oiled it, never had a puncture....in fact, never done nuffin apart from charge it and ride it........ along tracks, through woods, over slag heaps,up dirt tracks, round lakes, along canals etc etc and its never let me down, and has not one speck of rust...........I DO , of course, talk to her every day :) :)

Lynda

scarrabri

Pedelecer
May 14, 2011
Stoke on Trent
Whats with all this washing and stroking lark......are you lot men or shammy(chamoix?) leathers ?
In all the time I have had my bike I have never washed it, certainly never stroked it (keep that for my pommies LOL) never oiled it, never had a puncture....in fact, never done nuffin apart from charge it and ride it........ along tracks, through woods, over slag heaps,up dirt tracks, round lakes, along canals etc etc and its never let me down, and has not one speck of rust...........I DO , of course, talk to her every day :) :)

Lynda
LOL Well thats that then,no more messing about for me ,its one dirty,oil less ,unpampered lump of metal,from now on ,lol that will teach it hey Lynda lol ,best wishes Brian.

Last edited:

PennyFarthing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 25, 2011
LOL! That and admiring glances...

lemmy

Esteemed Pedelecer
:(
I gave mine a thorough wash down over the weekend with my high pressure wash. It's the lazy way but you finish up with a very clean bike indeed. You just need to lube the chain afterwards.

Today I rode through a 15 minute downpour that made my pressure wash look like a sprinkle of gunga water (gnat's pee to the uninitiated). I don't think you need worry about a normal wash down:D