Tongxin/Keyde Motors For Brompton/Dahon for sale

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Ok I have ended up with too many spare motors (nice problem to have) and thought maybe I would sell a couple on to members on the forum.

I have two of these narrow (80mm wide) motors 36v, 260RPM both 36H. These are easier to fit to narrower forks found on these folders with minimum spreading. Happy to sell just the motor or as a full kit built into 16" or 20" rims and provide controllers, cutout brake and throttles. If you prefer pedelec, I also have a stock pedelec controller for the Keyde motor.

I would be looking for about £100 for the Tongxin motor and about £120 for the
Keyde motor + p&p. Controllers would be about £32 each.

Full kit i.e. built into rims with throttle/cutout brake for about £225 each.

Some pics

PM me if you are interested.

Regards

Jerry

Last edited:

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Tongxin sold subject to payment and someone is considering the keyde motor.

Jerry

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Tongxin SOLD

Keyde pending payment.

Jerry

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
I may still have another Keyde front hub motor available which is currently built into a 20" wheel and tested (about 100 miles on it).

This and either a brand new stock controller/pedelec or a bespoke programmed controller, thumb throttle and ebrake for about £225.

Regards

Jerry

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
I am bumping this as I have had more interest recently.

Jerry

hopper_rider

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2012
I bought a Space Genie Brompton Clone with the intention of getting it electrified. I havent done it as I was wondering whether stretching the forks would affect the fold.

I am unsure if the front forks would be interchangable with Brompton forks, but if you had a 16in wheel built into forks, at any point, it might be something of interest to me.

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
I have looked at those bikes. Certainly seem a nice alternative to a Brompton.

The motor would go in those forks fairly easily I suspect with very little stretching, probably just by hand to slot the motor in. Could you measure the width of the dropouts please ?

I doubt a Brompton fork set would fit. Do you live near Cambridge I guess I could help you fit it ?

I have a few more motors now and I guess could build one into a 16" wheel for you. Would you require a throttle or pedelec controller ?

I have just sold the one in a 20" rim subject to payment.

Email me on jerrysimonsimon at hotmail dot com to discuss further as I need to know what kind of ride you need it for i.e. hills, flat etc.

Regards

Jerry

Last edited:

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Here is one of my Keyde motors build into a 16" rim.

wheel16.jpg

Jerry