Trip to Kent bikes

Toecutter

Pedelecer
Dec 16, 2016
Kent
Hello.

Today i took a 12 mile trip down to Kent bikes based in Maidstone, Kent to have a look at a few bikes & chat to the owner.

I must say i thought it would be a huge warehouse full of bikes in racks but it's not, it's a small shop where you place your order & then the bike arrives a few days later but i wasn't disappointed as the owner seems a nice chap & was happy to chat bikes at some length which was nice. I sat on the Haibike in the picture below & had a good look at it i can now see why these premium leccy bikes command big money, i still think they're a bit overpriced but hey-ho you gets what you paid for, this bike is the Mercedes of the bike world & it shows. No time for a test ride today but i'll be back to try out one or two, i've got a 29 inch inside leg, 30 inch waist & weigh 11.5 stone wet, i'd be like a jockey on a racehorse. Yup i need a smaller framed bike.

I do like the Haibikes, they look superbly built & look aesthetically beautiful & are a work of art, so light & precise looking & oozes build quality with a low frame making it easy to climb aboard - I want one & will probably sell one of my m/cycles to pay for it. I loved the control panel all the info you'll ever need is there at the press of a button, i also liked the really tough looking gold standard locks that were on display the only way you'll get through them is with a power tool.

I've been looking at utube & doing a bit of research wondering whether to go for a Yamaha or Bosch motor - i'm still undecided it's six of one & half dozen of the other but i'm leaning toward the Yamaha.

New 2017 stock is arriving in January & the chap has got my email & number & will get in touch as soon as they arrive around the 17th :D

Toecutter.IMG_2804.jpgIMG_2804.jpg IMG_2804.jpgIMG_2804.jpg

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
If you are that close to Kent Bikes, Cycling Made Easy in Tunbridge Wells is also worth a visit. http://www.cyclingmadeeasy.co.uk/electricbikesinTunbridgeWells
They have a pretty good selection of bikes on display, and Rob Montgomery the store manager is very passionate about his products. I'm still trying to convince him to come out for a ride with me though. :D

If you do happen to visit and are driving, there is a carpark on the opposite side to the shop down a side road, and the first half hour of parking is free. The main bus routes travel past the shop as well, so it is easy just to hop on and off.

You also have e-bikes direct and AMPS which are both Kent based.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I thought the Mercedes of the ebike world was the Smart e bike sold by Mercedes dealerships ;).

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
but he was so well of he could not afford one ;)