Trying ebikes

C

Cyclezee

Milton Keynes, population 250,000, electric bike retailers: Cyclezee.
Population within 30 mile radius, approximately 1,000,000.

The majority of our business comes from outside that area from people I never meet, Australia being the furthest and the other day Баку Бинагадинский районo_O

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
True in every field Trex, as soon as anyone appears to make money, others jump on the band wagon. But the best ones survive and prosper while others fail. So your thesis is ultimately true, but I don't think we've reached that yet. Either the market has some way to go to saturate or some of the present retailers will drop out to achieve that balance.

I think Kudosdave is right that a new supplier can create a market where none existed before. We have an outstanding example in CyclingMadeEasy at Coulsdon, south of Croydon. For years Croydon's e-bike availability was CycleKing with two or three Powabykes that rarely shifted and BikePlus selling one Giant Lafree a year on average.

When CyclingMadeEasy opened I was very surprised and thought they had no chance, especially being well south of Croydon and the heavily populated areas. But I was wrong, claiming the largest e-bike showroom in the UK, they've successfully locally traded exclusively in e-bikes for the years since then and stock a decent choice. They've obviously created a very healthy market for themselves.

CyclingMadeEasy

Last edited:
Reactions: Kudoscycles