upgraded oxygen bikes.

gerryscott

Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2010
Hi folks, I see oxygen have upgraded a couple of their bikes-e-mate and race.They seemed to have straightened their frame, before it was identical to wisper.They also have the powerful 37w16ah battery claiming up to 70miles.What I find particularly interesting is race model with it's weight including battery of 19.5kg.

stevebills

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 14, 2010
Hi folks, I see oxygen have upgraded a couple of their bikes-e-mate and race.They seemed to have straightened their frame, before it was identical to wisper.They also have the powerful 37w16ah battery claiming up to 70miles.What I find particularly interesting is race model with it's weight including battery of 19.5kg.
There is a lot of Bullsh*t claims out there for batterys and I bet its more like 20/25 miles assited

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
and to have a practical bike surely you would need to add rack and mudguards so a little more weight again.....I like the new frame! but I liked the last double curved one as well

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
The 70mile claim is a bit of a stretch TBH but its not impossible.... They are basing their claim on a 8Wh / mile consumption which is very hard to achive in reality for the average rider. I would expect consumption with a resonably fit rider to be nearer ~12Wh which would mean a range of about 45miles or less.

The City has lights, mudguards and rack already: 19.7Kg without battery.

Last edited:

Marchant

Pedelecer
Sep 8, 2010
Bath, UK
I've got last years model eMate City and I get around 35 miles assisted per charge on very hilly terrain, which I reckon is pretty respectable. Overall, I'm very pleased with my purchase.

garrence

Pedelecer
Jun 10, 2010
I got 130 miles from a single charge over the weekend on my 2011 Oxygen eMate City. I was mostly limiting battery use to the uphill bits and a lot of the route was on flat disused railway where I was keeping above 15mph so not getting power assistance. I think 70 miles is quite achievable in assisted mode.

Oxygen Bicycles

Trade Member
Feb 18, 2010
www.oxygenbicycles.com
There is a lot of Bullsh*t claims out there for batterys and I bet its more like 20/25 miles assited
Hi all,

Just to confirm our battery is now actually 37V 15.4Ah. The pack is bulit up with 70 Li-po cells 18650 type 2200mAh each.

The range quoted ''up to 70 miles'' is based on the selected medium assit mode, approx 85kg rider, 55psi pumped tyres, no wind and fairly flat terrain and about 50% assist from the rider. Based on all these factors I can assure the 70 mile range is achievable.

Many of our customers confirmed already they they managed to achieve that. Thanks Gary for your comments too. You must have put a lot of your effort during cycling I guess but the result is indeed very impressive.

Currently if would use new 2700mAh cells we could achieve as much as 18.9Ah pack. I do see this point however pointless mainly due to very high price and lack of need for such a massive battery.

All the best

Andrew