Urban Mover 33x

pc57

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 11, 2010
Hi Folks,
Well its being 1 Month since I took ownership of my Urban Mover 33x, and I wanted to share my feelings with you.
It was 10years since I last rode a bicycle in earnest and the idea of getting back into the saddle was unnerving to say the least but I decided to go for the Urban Mover after looking through many blogs, articles and reviews.
I picked up the bike from Halfords and immediately began using it for work the following morning. Due to not being saddle friendly I experienced some discomfort initally, but with the purchase of a padded seat cover I sorted that out and I have nothing but praise for the bike.
I attempted to charge the battery a few days after getting the bike and after contating Urban Mover it was discovered that the charging unit was faulty. Urban Mover sent me a new unit via the post and I recieved it two days after registering the fault!
Charging unit replaced I charged my battery for the first time which took 5 1/2 Hrs. Since then I have been monitering the preformance of the bike and as I write the follow is a resume of my trips.
I get approximately 14 trips on 1 Charge. Each trip is approximately 1 mile in distance. However the return trips are entirely uphill with a very steep gradient. I had a querie about reading the battery gauge on the handle bars but this has been answered.
The brakes do make a bit of noise in the morning but by the time I get into Town, this has subsided.
Lights were a problem, as I have to return home 3 nights a week at 10pm. I purchased cheap sets on the net but I have realised these are rubbish and brake at the slightest knock. I recently purchased a "wind up" light set which seem to work perfectly and is a bit more rebust in quality.
Overall the bike is great at climbing the hill home and I am very satified with my pruchase.
:)

Ultra Motor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Hi Folks,
Well its being 1 Month since I took ownership of my Urban Mover 33x, and I wanted to share my feelings with you.
It was 10years since I last rode a bicycle in earnest and the idea of getting back into the saddle was unnerving to say the least but I decided to go for the Urban Mover after looking through many blogs, articles and reviews.
I picked up the bike from Halfords and immediately began using it for work the following morning. Due to not being saddle friendly I experienced some discomfort initally, but with the purchase of a padded seat cover I sorted that out and I have nothing but praise for the bike.
I attempted to charge the battery a few days after getting the bike and after contating Urban Mover it was discovered that the charging unit was faulty. Urban Mover sent me a new unit via the post and I recieved it two days after registering the fault!
Charging unit replaced I charged my battery for the first time which took 5 1/2 Hrs. Since then I have been monitering the preformance of the bike and as I write the follow is a resume of my trips.
I get approximately 14 trips on 1 Charge. Each trip is approximately 1 mile in distance. However the return trips are entirely uphill with a very steep gradient. I had a querie about reading the battery gauge on the handle bars but this has been answered.
The brakes do make a bit of noise in the morning but by the time I get into Town, this has subsided.
Lights were a problem, as I have to return home 3 nights a week at 10pm. I purchased cheap sets on the net but I have realised these are rubbish and brake at the slightest knock. I recently purchased a "wind up" light set which seem to work perfectly and is a bit more rebust in quality.
Overall the bike is great at climbing the hill home and I am very satified with my pruchase.
Great to hear! I am glad you are enjoying it and were happy with the service support.

I wish you many happy miles!

All the best
Mark

Ultra Motor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Hi Folks,
Thinking about this further, would you be happy to be used as a 'case study'? If so, please drop me a mail: markl@ultramotor.com Would love to hear from you!

All the best
Mark

Vikki

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2009
Nice one, happy to hear you're happy with your new bike. Aren't ebikes wonderful :D

Vikki.

pc57

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 11, 2010
Um33x

Just updating anyone intrested in my UM33X. Its April 2011, almost a year on since my purchase. During the Winter I cycled to and from work even in the harshest of weather, and my bike never failed.
I have had the occasional "power loss" which I read about, however this was remedied immediately by rebooting the system. During Feburary 2011, I experienced a more serious problem. While cycling home ,uphill one evening, I experienced such a "power outage", but on rebooting it failed to start. I made it home and recharged the battery overnight, thinking this may have been the problem. The next couple of trips were uneventful. Then on the third day, a total power outage followed a "grinding noise" coming from the rear wheel. Power was lost competely.
I contacted UM and spoke directly, via e-mail, to an engineer, who I have to say was superb in his information. He informed me that the problem seemed to be a MOSFET failure, God knows what this is. I was instructed to return the bike to Halfords, which I did and whithin 2 weeks I had the repaired bike back.
Since getting my bike back, I have had one full trip and I have had to "Tweek" some setting on the bike , like gears, brakes , my lights all of which seemed to have been removed by Halfords for transportation, but alls well that ends well and I am looking forward to an uneventful Summer and Autum cycling. Will keep you posted and thanks again to UM.:)

Ultra Motor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Just updating anyone intrested in my UM33X. Its April 2011, almost a year on since my purchase. During the Winter I cycled to and from work even in the harshest of weather, and my bike never failed.
I have had the occasional "power loss" which I read about, however this was remedied immediately by rebooting the system. During Feburary 2011, I experienced a more serious problem. While cycling home ,uphill one evening, I experienced such a "power outage", but on rebooting it failed to start. I made it home and recharged the battery overnight, thinking this may have been the problem. The next couple of trips were uneventful. Then on the third day, a total power outage followed a "grinding noise" coming from the rear wheel. Power was lost competely.
I contacted UM and spoke directly, via e-mail, to an engineer, who I have to say was superb in his information. He informed me that the problem seemed to be a MOSFET failure, God knows what this is. I was instructed to return the bike to Halfords, which I did and whithin 2 weeks I had the repaired bike back.
Since getting my bike back, I have had one full trip and I have had to "Tweek" some setting on the bike , like gears, brakes , my lights all of which seemed to have been removed by Halfords for transportation, but alls well that ends well and I am looking forward to an uneventful Summer and Autum cycling. Will keep you posted and thanks again to UM.:)
Great to hear you have been well looked after by the team! Keep on riding!!
Mark