Voodoo Bantu Comfortable Bike Seat

Mrlukeprice

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 23, 2017
Doncaster
Hey guys, recently purchased (December 16) a voodoo bantu 1500w E MTB.

The bike is like my baby and is all I have during a driving ban, so it never goes off road or anything just on the road restricted legally of course to get me around town from A to B electrically.

My issue is the seat that came with it obviously its a mountain bike and I'm somewhat counter productively using it as a road bike, upon searching online there is a plethora of different seats and saddles and I have no idea which would be most comfortable for a guy that does about 5 to 15 miles a day?

I just want pure comfort, I'm 5 foot 11, 15 stone and only ever use pedal assist ( no manual pedalling), I don't wanna feel every crack in the pavement bust my balls (happening a lot)

Any recommendations would be appreciated thanks

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing
Charge spoon.
Madison Flux.
Surprisingly comfy, although you might not think from looks and price. Bit of a yard stick in saddles if you ask me.

Sent using this crappy tapatalk app. that has such poor functionality I can't even click 'like'!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Saddles are very personnel and one type may not suit all. I tried a spoon and it didn't suit me, so sold it on fleabay for what I paid for it. The lidl bike stuff when on sale is quite good and the saddles I found were very good, just need another one when they sell them again.

Mrlukeprice

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 23, 2017
Doncaster

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Charge spoon.
Madison Flux.
Surprisingly comfy, although you might not think from looks and price. Bit of a yard stick in saddles if you ask me.

Sent using this crappy tapatalk app. that has such poor functionality I can't even click 'like'!
I prefer the charge pan over the spoon. Agree totally about spoon being a milestone. And so cheap for what you get

Pan is a Bit fuller and heavier but comfier

Still not found anything to beat a b17 Brooks - such a bugger they don't play well with the suntour (rails too short)

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
For mega-comfort I use a £10 Tesco gel saddle and one of these two seatposts. They both do a good job and the video shows you how well they handle bumps, ruts and dips in the terrain. :)

DSC00504.JPGDSC00737.JPG

Last edited:

falmouthtony

Esteemed Pedelecer
Saddles are very personnel and one type may not suit all. I tried a spoon and it didn't suit me, so sold it on fleabay for what I paid for it. The lidl bike stuff when on sale is quite good and the saddles I found were very good, just need another one when they sell them again.

Another vote from me for the Lidl 'Witkopp Medicus' saddle when they have them in. Sensible price .. even if taking a gamble.
I know saddle comfort is subjective but over a period of time I notice quite a few people agree with me about their comfort.
At the last count they did three different models:
Mountain....thin and pointy .. uncomfortable for me
Trekking... bit wider and perfect for me
City ... really wide .. and again, surprisingly ..uncomfortable for me.

I've got the trekking version now on all three bikes (and a spare in a box!!)

• Informative

Lister

Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2016
Norfolk
I went to my local private owned bike shop.
He got various saddles and fitted them to a mountain bike for me to try one after the other.
Eventually one really felt so much better than all the others ,it was more expensive, but only by about £20.

Everyone has a slightly different body so I think it is best to try saddles in a bike shop.

Related Articles

Advertisers