*Wanted* Bafang BBS Central Motor Speed Sensor Extension lead

appyarry

Pedelecer
Mar 16, 2015
Lyminge, Kent
I'm after a Bafang BBS Central Motor Speed Sensor Extend Wire. Length: 400mm

I have built the Trike and forgot to order the extension cable at the same time. the cost including shipping is $23.42 USD about £15 which, being a Yorkshire Lad, I baulked at.

So if anyone has one or knows where I can buy one without paying exorbitant postage I would be grateful.

Or if anyone is buying a few parts and wants to order one for me I don't mind putting towards the postage.

I live in Kent near the Channel Tunnel though I do travel around quite a lot so may be able to collect.

Many thanks,

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
if you can wait a couple of weeks, woosh will have these extension leads in.

appyarry

Pedelecer
Mar 16, 2015
Lyminge, Kent

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
not in the last shipment, dangis.

Amps

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 1, 2015
West Sussex
Just make your own, as I did for our tandem. Length of three core round black flex to match ... Connect each core using a little piece of stiff narrow wire; l cut the legs off an led diode but you could cut the wires of a resistor or similar ..... Just poke this up the insulation and into harness connectors and use narrow shink wrap to slide over to hold them in place and secure the individual contacts. Then finish with two layers of larger heat shrink to cover the whole of both outer connectors to hold it all firmly together. Ridden all winter off-road through mud and snow and never had a problem.

dangis

Just Joined
May 8, 2015
Just make your own, as I did for our tandem. Length of three core round black flex to match ... Connect each core using a little piece of stiff narrow wire; l cut the legs off an led diode but you could cut the wires of a resistor or similar ..... Just poke this up the insulation and into harness connectors and use narrow shink wrap to slide over to hold them in place and secure the individual contacts. Then finish with two layers of larger heat shrink to cover the whole of both outer connectors to hold it all firmly together. Ridden all winter off-road through mud and snow and never had a problem.
Wow, great idea, great approach, I will be on it this weekend! Speak soon.

Amps

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 1, 2015
West Sussex
Glad you like it; works for me. Don't forget to follow the wire core colours through to the correct contacts - you may need to make yourself a diag. note as, when you have done one end, you may lose sight of the colours under the small shrink tubing. It can all easily pull apart until you have the outer shrinks tubing applied; .... and two layers with the outer layer longer than the first does make it all much more secure. When mounting on the bike / trike just secure it all firmly to the frame with cable ties for extra security for the connections.

appyarry

Pedelecer
Mar 16, 2015
Lyminge, Kent
if you can wait a couple of weeks, woosh will have these extension leads in.
Hi Trex, did these ever arrive? If not I can extend the cable however I'd rather use an extension cable rather than cut and splice.
Ta,

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
no, there was a problem with a purchase order that woosh made with bmsbattery a couple of months back. That's all I know.

appyarry

Pedelecer
Mar 16, 2015
Lyminge, Kent
:-( At least someone else is up at this hour :)

appyarry

Pedelecer
Mar 16, 2015
Lyminge, Kent
Last edited:

appyarry

Pedelecer
Mar 16, 2015
Lyminge, Kent
Well the cable arrived yesterday, I fitted it today and it works like a dream. Many thanks for all the suggestions. It cost $8.50 including postage so very cheap compared to BMS and others who wanted to charge $30 postage.

Reactions: shemozzle999