Wanted: Giant Twist Ladies 06 and earlier

oznog

Pedelecer
Jul 22, 2007
Cumbria
Wanted: Giant Twist Ladies 06 and earlier- Found/sort of

Hello,
I am after the Giant Twist bike, described to me as 'golddust' shangra-la, and the ultimate in still a bicycle yet gets up hills of electric bikes.

I'd prefer a ladies large frame. I live in Bradford/Leeds area.
Any help, or perhaps if you don't think this 'is' the right bike for a 12 mile one way hilly commute, let me know!

-Have decided to bring a new mens giant lite from NYCE wheels-

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Standard battery range when battery is new is at best 20 miles, so a charge would be needed after each 12 mile trip. Ok for the job though.

New batteries are a bit expensive at £250, so bear that in mind if buying a bike over a year old. At over two years think in terms of possibly needing to buy a new battery or having the old one recelled in order to do the 12 miles.

oznog

Pedelecer
Jul 22, 2007
Cumbria
thanks fleck,
other than the battery is there anything else I should look out for with a second hand giant?

p.s. what do you think about the option of a USA model vx. UK (see other thread)
mary

is there another model bike that is light enough to cycle w/o power and also able to take big hills?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I've answered the US question on your other thread Mary.

The Twist is unique in it's cycling qualities. Hub motor bike suppliers will tell you theirs is easy to cycle, but they never are, and don't compare with the Twist in that respect.

Branwen

Pedelecer
Oct 2, 2007
Standard battery range when battery is new is at best 20 miles, so a charge would be needed after each 12 mile trip. Ok for the job though.

New batteries are a bit expensive at £250, so bear that in mind if buying a bike over a year old. At over two years think in terms of possibly needing to buy a new battery or having the old one recelled in order to do the 12 miles.
I have a Lafree Twist Lite I've used in Edinburgh as my main form of transport for the last five years, still on the first battery. (Edinburgh is a city built on seven hills, so I can recommend it for that type of cycling by the way). I wondered how to go about "re-celling" the battery cells on my old battery now though, as none of my tricks to give them a new lease of life work anymore, and is there a stockist I can buy these cells from online?

Branwen

Pedelecer
Oct 2, 2007
I have a Lafree Twist Lite I've used in Edinburgh as my main form of transport for the last five years, still on the first battery. (Edinburgh is a city built on seven hills, so I can recommend it for that type of cycling by the way). I wondered how to go about "re-celling" the battery cells on my old battery now though, as none of my tricks to give them a new lease of life work anymore, and is there a stockist I can buy these cells from online?
Duh... I finally found the pedelec guru's recelling page after a bit of wandering around the site... I called the bike shop I use and they will get the powerbike battery pack for me at the lower price, and then do the work involved in putting them in my batter case, so I'm sorted. Thanks anyway