Warwick Noob

Warwick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2015
Warwick
I got my hands on my first ebike today: a Woosh Scirocco CDL. Bought off eBay at what I consider to be a bargain price, it replaces thoughts I had of getting a motorbike for the new 8-mile commute I'll have from next week. There's plenty of off-road tracks on my route and it rattled a bit today when I tried it out for the first time today. The front light fell off at one stage, which was perturbing, but I have better lights I was going to use anyway.

I have rather too large a stable of unpowered bikes, so I was able to find a saddle to replace the Woosh one, which was rather too upholstered for my tastes. The QR seat clip didn't seem to be biting properly either, so that's gone too. Those apart, it seems reasonably well made, especially at the price I paid - £500 less than the new price for an 18-month-old version.

We'll see what a week's commute brings next week...

Update: I went to ride it today, the day after the above, and the front tyre was flat. Perhaps a pair of Schwalbe Marathon Plusses might be in order for such varied terrain...

Last edited:
Reactions: pdarnett