What e bike for my gf?

smithwoodward

Pedelecer
Mar 16, 2017
england
My GF is 27 and short (about 57 inch/144cm tall), literally no adult bike fits her and most kids bikes are too small.

So we are going to try her on this if we can find one to try in our area (Bristol), but im also thinking it might be easier to do a custom build, get the exact frame size made etc, then consider a brilliant kit to fit on it. 2400 on a finance deal in total is max.

City and offroad riding for outings. Mountain bike/hybrid

If anyone has any suggestions also, be apprechiated, thanks

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Bonzo Banana

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2019
Typical folding small wheel ebikes accommodate all size riders pretty much you just adjust them to the size of the rider. For people in flats who have multiple people wanting to ride but only storage for one small bike a folding bike is often the best option. Each rider just adjusts it to their height. It's important to get a bike with height adjustable stem too so the handlebar height can be adjusted. This would be a good and cheap solution and other people could also ride the same bike.

Reactions: smithwoodward

smithwoodward

Pedelecer
Mar 16, 2017
england
Typical folding small wheel ebikes accommodate all size riders pretty much you just adjust them to the size of the rider. For people in flats who have multiple people wanting to ride but only storage for one small bike a folding bike is often the best option. Each rider just adjusts it to their height. It's important to get a bike with height adjustable stem too so the handlebar height can be adjusted. This would be a good and cheap solution and other people could also ride the same bike.
cool thanks for the advice, she prefers them over the haibike so thats cool to know, thanks again

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
Stick with tradition and go for something really cheap.

Every time I see a couple out and about, you have the guy on a state of the art mtb and the GF riding something that looks like it came from helfrauds.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
My GF is 27 and short (about 57 inch/144cm tall), literally no adult bike fits her and most kids bikes are too small.

So we are going to try her on this if we can find one to try in our area (Bristol), but im also thinking it might be easier to do a custom build, get the exact frame size made etc, then consider a brilliant kit to fit on it. 2400 on a finance deal in total is max.

City and offroad riding for outings. Mountain bike/hybrid

If anyone has any suggestions also, be apprechiated, thanks
You could start with one of these:

24 inch Kids Bikes | Girls & Boys 24 inch Bikes | Evans Cycles

something like this is perfect for easy trails:

and add a crank drive kit like this Bafang BBS01B with bag battery
https://wooshbikes.co.uk/cart/#/product/uid-178-bbs01-15ahbag/bbs01b-cd-kit-with-15ah-36v-bag-battery

GLJoe

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 21, 2017
UK
My GF is 27 and short (about 57 inch/144cm tall), literally no adult bike fits her
Hmmm. Yea, that is on the shorter side of short... However a female friend of mine has got to be a fair bit under 5 ft as well, and she did end up managing ok on a XS womans specific Cube ebike.
I forget what model. I'm pretty sure its got 'ws' in the title.
Maybe a Cube access WS ?
If you can find one of those in stock somewhere, I'd certainly give it a test ride as you maaaaaay be able to get away with it (and remember that most people incorrectly want to set the seat height WAY lower than it should be - so get the seat correctly set for her leg length, and THEN see if your GF fits. If she still thinks it too high, then work on the GF rather than look for another bike ;) )

Oldie

Pedelecer
Mar 29, 2013
Scotland
she likes that and halfords has it in stock also so we will try her on that asap, nice one mate thanks
I popped into my local bike shop today to have a look at the Evolt Evening. I was quite taken with it and it looked like a bike that would be happy on both tarmac and trails. Tempting. Whilst not a proper folder, I'm sure that it would fit my car no problem.