Which ebike purchase under a grand

NikiL

Just Joined
Mar 12, 2023
Hello,
What would be a good mountain ebike to purchase under a grand. The eleglide T1 seems to get good recent reviews and has a big range of 100K. I intend to use this bike to go to work during the summer months.
Being from China I'm also concerned about customer service if something were to go wrong. It would appear retilers ar generally small out fits. Any help/experience re the eleglide T1 or an alternative would be gretfully received. Thanks in advance

AGS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2023
In that price bracket I would say a Decathlon Rockrider ST100.

Nearly every bike on the planet is manufactured in China these days. And don’t get seduced into believing the claims regarding range. Those figures are meaningless in the real world. You won’t realistically get 100km out of it unless you are really frugal with assist which is not the reason you are interested in an e-bike.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zlatan

peterjd

Pedelecer
Sep 18, 2019
I don't know about their mountain bikes but I can certainly recommend the Decathlon Riverside 500e at just under the grand at the moment. With torque sensor, hydraulic brakes, 10.5Ah battery, and nice balance it has so far exceeded my expectations. But I am a utilitarian and touring cyclist - I've fitted mudguards, rear rack and panniers so rather different requirement I think. Peter

walking

Pedelecer
Apr 10, 2021
Hi Peter , just saw your post , good price so just bought one in green to pick up in Southampton , maybe Saturday. Totally on instinct , need to sell a motorbike now. What mudguards and rack did you buy? Thanks , Ian.

peterjd

Pedelecer
Sep 18, 2019
The mudguards were Decathlon's own 2861446 which were in stock at the Milton Keynes store (£24.99) and the pannier rack was one I recycled from an old Raleigh I briefly owned. Hope your purchase works for you. Peter

walking

Pedelecer
Apr 10, 2021
Thanks again for the heads up on the price , picked bike up today with mudguards fitted. About 10 miles home from Southampton , not a place i would choose to ride , but i like the bike , only used eco mode and could feel it in my legs but not as slow as normal. Looks nice tomorrow so i will do 20-30 miles on the South Downs , quieter roads , looking forward to it.