Which step through?

AliC

Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2021
Not keen on pannier mounted batteries and want disc brakes. One of these or something else.

Ocsid

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2017
Hampshire
They use totally differing powering technologies, one a rear wheel hub the other a crank drive, plus IMO so importantly offer very differing cycling experiences.
At least try out the two technologies first to see if like me you prefer one to the other. Best if you can use the subject bikes, but way better try bikes that uses each type of technology, rather than blindly choose.

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
They use totally differing powering technologies, one a rear wheel hub the other a crank drive...
The Volt Regent would be a better comparison than the Burlington in that it's a step-through which uses the same Bafang M200 motor as the Peak Trail.

Interesting to see that - finally - some manufacturers aren't all following the herd, and Volt too have dropped the Shimano Steps in favour of the Bafang for this new model.

But yes, important to first decide which drive system - hub or crank - would suit the OP best.

AliC

Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2021
Must admit hadn't considered the motor. Although we live in the higher part of town we're towards the fens so no mountains to climb. at getting a second bike just because I didn't realise how much I'd like them! Had a bad experience with the first but loving the Oxygen step-through I have now which is a rear hub and copes just fine with the highest points I have to cycle locally. Gets used every day.
Husband's is a Forme Morley which has a crank drive I think. So probably easist to take his out for a ride.
Raleigh & Forme stockist - the nearest I don't think do test rides any longer but do offer a straight forward return after five days if you don't get on with it. No Volt stockist locally unfortunately