Whoosh Rio MTB or Greenedge CS2

wotanowler

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 1, 2017
Sheffield
D

Deleted member 4366

Being pragmatic, the Greenedge. The cost of each bike is in proportion to what you get. The Woosh would give you much more than you need and the Greenedge would stll give more than you need.

• Agree
Reactions: Gaz

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
Spend a bit more and get the mudguards and rack too.

Gaz

D

Deleted member 4366

Mudguards and racks don't cost much. The mudguards on the Woosh would be pretty useless. I'd change them to SKS Beavertail XLM anyway.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
the mudguards on the Rio are click type, dead easy to push on and pull the lever to remove.

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
On the Greenedge??
Yeah, doesn't necessarily have to be the ones that come with it, but you'll be glad you did the first time you ride through a mucky puddle.

Gaz

wotanowler

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 1, 2017
Sheffield
the mudguards on the Rio are click type, dead easy to push on and pull the lever to remove.

Think im gonnaplump for the greenedge cs2..cant see the justification to spend the extra 300 quid unless you can convince me otherwise..

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Think im gonnaplump for the greenedge cs2..cant see the justification to spend the extra 300 quid unless you can convince me otherwise..
I know you don't.
The Rio has better battery, better motor, better suspension fork, better brakes, better crankset - I know you don't need them to go everyday on your short commutes but there will be weekends where better motor, battery, suspension and crankset pay for themselves.

battery: 9AH against 13AH - the range is proportional to the battery capacity.
motor: 120mm in diameter against 140mm - the torque is way better on the Rio
suspension: Zoom against 100mm RST Omega.
crankset: square taper against GXP with external ball bearings.
Brakes: cable operated against hydraulic.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
If this were me, I'd take the Woosh over the Greenage any day of the week.

It isn't that the Greenage won't suit or meet your requirements, it is just that I feel that over time, you could well regret not having spent that extra £300.00 for the very reasons that Woosh has stated.

There is also one other reason.
From what I have read on this forum, e-bikes direct appear to have good customer feedback, but Woosh operate a very much hands on approach to customer support and after care, and I personally think that this counts for a lot when choosing a product. I'm not saying that e-bike direct wouldn't be any less helpful or supportive, but I'd rather give Woosh my money, based upon what I read within this forum on a daily basis. By buying from Woosh, you will be communicating and dealing directly with the product manufacturer/supplier. This could be very beneficial if a technical/product issue arises.

Last edited:

cosybike

Pedelecer
Mar 30, 2009
www.cosybike.co.uk
That battery switch on the greenedge looks vulnerable and more at home on domestic hifi. And too many rhetorical patronising questions in the video on the website. I'd have the whoosh. Mudguards essential.

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-850F using Tapatalk