woosh crusa vs kudos safari vs pendleton

VikkiR

Just Joined
Jul 4, 2018
http://wooshbikes.co.uk/?crusa

http://www.kudoscycles.com/product_info.php?products_id=275

https://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/classic-bikes/pendleton-somerby-electric-hybrid-bike-white-navy--17-19-frames

Hello,

I'm looking to buy my first e-bike, I have a really short commute to work and also want to use the bike for leisure (rides with my husband (who has a woosh zephyr - 3 yrs old) out locally on cycle paths/roads and also to get around when away in the campervan). I don't know how much I'll use it aside from getting to work so I don't want to spend a fortune until I know it's worth it. I've narrowed things down to the above models but would appreciate your input to choose between them or suggestions of others I may not have considered. I realise that my budget is low and I'm not going to get something amazing but would like nippy and dependable.

I'm 5'9" and somewhere between 11 and 12 stone (at a guess, I don't bother weighing myself...)

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Vikki

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Pendleton lightest of the three due to the puny battery only 8.8ah/317wh. The blurb says 50 miles which is very hopeful, ok if every where is dead flat and a tail wind otherwise 25 - 30 miles is more.
Skinny tyres so not so good on gravel or old railway lines, Ok for road.

Safari good old work horse type of bike, very heavy due to Lifepo4 battery. Unlike most bikes has Nexus 8 hub gears due to having a good Bafang front hub motor, gears can be changed when stopped.
Lifepo 10ah/360wh battery known for it's life/longevity only supersceded by li-on for it's lighter weight, should get you 35 - 40 miles.

Crusa has the larger capacity battery 13ah/468wh, good for 40 - 45 miles. Retro modern styling with the white walls tyres.
Like Kudos a well known ebike retailer with very good/excellent CS, mail order only unless you live local to Southend. Big volume tyres, good for soaking up a few bumps and for rougher trails like old rail routes.

All three use Bafang hub motors so generally no issues with any of them, it all boils down the one you like the best.
My preference would be Safari, but I'm a bloke , Crusa not quite for me and Pendleton defo not.

Last edited:
Reactions: D C

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hello Vikki,

I would say that the Crusa is surprisingly light despite its size, its frame size is 19", most of our bikes are 18".
Overall dimensions: 195cm long, 105cm height, 68cm handlebars width
Wheel base: 120cm
Weight: 24kgs with battery, 21kgs without.
The Crusa is easy to lift up to the Fiamma bike rack that most of my customers tend to favour.
However, its wheel base is 120cm, making the wheels just about making it to fit the Fiamma. I did take some pictures of the Crusa carried on a Fiamma rack but could not find them at the moment.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
When transporting any bike I would always remove the battery to make the bike lighter, one advantage of being easily removable.

Reactions: Eagleowl

VikkiR

Just Joined
Jul 4, 2018
Thank you Neilh, I appreciate you taking the time to put together that reply. I've decided to go for the crusa due to the styling and the helpful responses I've had both in here and via Facebook with woosh.

I'll be placing my order over the weekend.

Excited to get going now!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
You have chosen well, an appropriate choice for a female gives you the option of not so smooth roads to ride on and you can jiggle the tyre pressures a little for more comfort.
Woosh are a first class act for repairs and CS.