Woosh krieger bike, needs motor replaced, everything else works fine. Happy to ship at buyer's cost.

John_S

Pedelecer
Jul 27, 2013
My Krieger bike is a little over a year old. Its motor has unfortunately become broken. I am the bike's second owner, and I've owned it myself for about four months. Both myself and the first owner have looked after the bike very well, and other than the problem with the motor, it is in full working order and the battery holds a full charge.

My bike has the NCX seatpost fitted, and it also has a new, more comfortable saddle than the original one. Bought new, the Krieger with NCX seatpost fitted costs over £900.

I was told by Woosh that the motor will probably need to be replaced, and that it would cost about £180 to get this done (£145 for the new motor and about £35 for the labor involved), not counting shipping costs. I live at the opposite side of the UK from the Woosh store, and I'd prefer to sell the bike rather than pay the cost of shipping it to Woosh and getting its motor replaced.

Woosh are based in Southend-on-Sea. If you live close to there, this bike might be a good bargain for you as you can go to their store in person and get the motor replaced with little hassle.

I'm looking to sell the bike for £200 or a sensible offer. The bike can be collected in person from Colwyn Bay, North Wales, or I can ship it to you at a cost of £30. I have attached to this message a photo of my bike.

Thanks.

Attachments

Last edited:

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
that motor is very easy to replace.
But I think it's probably cheaper to take it out and send it back to woosh for repair instead of buying a new one.

John_S

Pedelecer
Jul 27, 2013
Thanks trex. My understanding is that to remove the motor requires special tools as well as some technical knowledge. If I was to get the repair done, it seems to me that I would have to ship the whole bike to them because I don't have the equipment to remove the motor. If there is a way I could remove the motor without a lot of hassle and then send Woosh just the motor to get it repaired instead of having to ship the whole bike to them, I might change my mind and get the repair done rather than sell the bike. Do you know how I can remove the motor?

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
you need to contact Andy at woosh for the tool.
Go to their website and leave a message for Andy.

John_S

Pedelecer
Jul 27, 2013
Thanks. I'll contact Andy then. I have his email address, so I'll email him. Once I have the tool, is it easy and straightforward to remove the motor, or does it require technical know-how? I suppose I could always bring my bike and the tool to my local bike shop and have them remove the motor for me if I'm not able to myself.

Reactions: trex

John_S

Pedelecer
Jul 27, 2013
I sent a message on Thursday afternoon with my inquiry to Woosh on their website, and they haven't responded yet. It is now Saturday night, and they are open on Saturdays, so they've had more than two working days to respond to my message and still haven't done so. Once before when I emailed them, they hadn't responded after five days, and so I then emailed them again and they finally responded. It seems to me that their customer service tends to be slow at responding to customer messages.

I'll see if they respond to me on Monday. If not, I will have to phone them.

John_S

Pedelecer
Jul 27, 2013
Still no response from Woosh, even after I sent them another message yesterday to chase up my inquiry. Their customer service was very slow to respond to me once before also, as I mentioned earlier. I find it disappointing. I will have to phone them tomorrow and hope I get through to somebody.

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
I'm in north Wales next week, and I'm looking for a battery.

I'll happily pay the asking, as a new battery will cost me about £250.

It may be better for you to get it fixed, I don't know. But at least you have an offer on the table.

John_S

Pedelecer
Jul 27, 2013
Hi Alan. Thanks for your reply and for making me an offer. I just saw your reply now.

I got in touch with Woosh by phone on Wednesday morning, and I bought a motor and the motor tool from them, which will arrive tomorrow.

I'm going to get my Krieger fixed. However, I've been thinking for a long time that I'd prefer the Big Bear bike to the Krieger. This is evident from previous threads I've made on these forums also. I think I might sell this bike after it is repaired and then buy a Big Bear.

My local bike shop will be able to put the motor in for me. After they've done this, the bike will be fully working.

If you're still interested, I am interested in the possibility of selling the bike to you, Alan, when you visit North Wales next week. Will you be visiting the Colwyn Bay area? I should be able to have got the repair done by the time you will be in North Wales, but I can't say for certain.

With the repair done, I'm looking to sell my Krieger for £400 or a reasonable offer. I'm happy to ship the bike for an additional £30.

I look forward to hearing back from anyone who is interested.

Thanks,
John.

Last edited:

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
Hi Alan. Thanks for your reply and for making me an offer. I just saw your reply now.

I got in touch with Woosh by phone on Wednesday morning, and I bought a motor and the motor tool from them, which will arrive tomorrow.

I'm going to get my Krieger fixed. However, I've been thinking for a long time that I'd prefer the Big Bear bike to the Krieger. This is evident from previous threads I've made on these forums also. I think I might sell this bike after it is repaired and then buy a Big Bear.

My local bike shop will be able to put the motor in for me. After they've done this, the bike will be fully working.

If you're still interested, I am interested in the possibility of selling the bike to you, Alan, when you visit North Wales next week. Will you be visiting the Colwyn Bay area? I should be able to have got the repair done by the time you will be in North Wales, but I can't say for certain.

With the repair done, I'm looking to sell my Krieger for £400 or a reasonable offer. I'm happy to ship the bike for an additional £30.

I look forward to hearing back from anyone who is interested.

Thanks,
John.
Thanks John, but I was only interested in it for parts.

Sounds like you have a better result now that it's fixed.