Woosh Rio or Ezego Trail Destroyer?

SteveG2

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 4, 2020
So I originally planned to convert my existing bike but over the last few weeks have come to release the limitations in doing so.

Having spent weeks researching bikes my budget has increased week on week. I originally decided on a NCM Prague but they’re now showing as sold out on the website, as is the Moscow.

I’m 52 in July, not the fittest guy but not too bad. I mainly want to use the bike for leisure, canal paths, forest trails and some road use. Nothing adventurous really.

i like the idea of a throttle (I’m type one diabetic and although well controlled I can sometimes deplete energy and blood sugars quite quickly after a couple of hours)

I know throttles aren’t legal At the moment.

my main criteria is range and puncture resistance.

my budget was £800 but is now around £1100ish. I’ve got my choice down to two bikes and looking for opinions on which is best or even more suggestions thrown into the ring.

It’s between the Woosh Rio MTB and the Ezego Trail Destroyer. The Woosh has the better battery but the Ezego has a lovely concealed battery and some really nice kit on it for the money. Help!

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
If you don't have a throttle you can still ghost pedal bikes with cadence sensors; you need to keep the pedals turning but don't need to push and put in any effort beyond that. Most bikes in that price range probably have cadence sensors. The Rio has a throttle; the rules on them are very confusing. As I'm sure you've seen, Woosh well recommended for service and value.

Jonah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2010
EX38
So I originally planned to convert my existing bike but over the last few weeks have come to release the limitations in doing so.

Having spent weeks researching bikes my budget has increased week on week. I originally decided on a NCM Prague but they’re now showing as sold out on the website, as is the Moscow.

I’m 52 in July, not the fittest guy but not too bad. I mainly want to use the bike for leisure, canal paths, forest trails and some road use. Nothing adventurous really.

i like the idea of a throttle (I’m type one diabetic and although well controlled I can sometimes deplete energy and blood sugars quite quickly after a couple of hours)

I know throttles aren’t legal At the moment.

my main criteria is range and puncture resistance.

my budget was £800 but is now around £1100ish. I’ve got my choice down to two bikes and looking for opinions on which is best or even more suggestions thrown into the ring.

It’s between the Woosh Rio MTB and the Ezego Trail Destroyer. The Woosh has the better battery but the Ezego has a lovely concealed battery and some really nice kit on it for the money. Help!
Looks like both would be decent bikes. Woosh are established company with excellent customer service history, Ezego are new company (2019) so little experience of them.

SteveG2

May 4, 2020
Thanks for the responses guys. I’ve been skulking around this forum for a while reading recommendations and I’m impressed that the owner of Woosh pops in to help and give advice. That’s definitely a strong point.

I wish I could make my mind up. I used to be indecisive but now I’m not so sure:rolleyes::)

• Agree

SteveG2

May 4, 2020
Hey all. So I was notified that my original choice was back in stock today and so I’ve ordered. I’ve gone for an NCM Prague.
Thanks for all your input.

• Informative

Jonah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2010
EX38
Hey all. So I was notified that my original choice was back in stock today and so I’ve ordered. I’ve gone for an NCM Prague.
Thanks for all your input.
In case you are unaware the 350w motor is not legal to use in UK. Doesn’t concern lots of people and unlikely to ever be a problem but if something bad happened .....

SteveG2

May 4, 2020
In case you are unaware the 350w motor is not legal to use in UK. Doesn’t concern lots of people and unlikely to ever be a problem but if something bad happened .....
It’s the 250w model that I’ve bought. The 350 isn’t for sale in the U.K.
84E54741-1D35-47BD-A1BF-3CE6471F6B6C.jpeg

Jonah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2010
EX38
Sorry, must have been looking at the wrong spec sheet. I’m sure you’ll have lots of fun on it. When do you expect it to arrive?

Reactions: SteveG2

SteveG2

May 4, 2020
Sorry, must have been looking at the wrong spec sheet. I’m sure you’ll have lots of fun on it. When do you expect it to arrive?
The invoice says the 11th which is great. They have a distribution facility in Bolton apparently. Once I’ve had it a few weeks I’ll probably add a short review on here.

• Useful
Reactions: LeighPing and Jonah