Woosh vs. Juicy

cazzie

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 2, 2014
Manchester, UK
I'm on the hunt for my first electric bike and I've narrowed my search down to either the Woosh Big Bear or the Juicy Sport.

I have pros and cons for each but I wondered whether anyone could give me any of there own input?

I'm 22 years old, 5 foot 5 inches and weigh 92kg. Bike will be used to get to work which is a 9 mile round trip, elevation of 221 miles, steepest gradient is 15% for 0.5 miles. Very hilly!

I have ridden the Juicy Sport and was impressed by it, didn't go up a hill as steep as mine but it got me up the 9% and 10% hills nearby no bother. Gears were a bit clunky and hard to get into gear quick but nothing I haven't had on previous bikes. I actually rode two, the first was the demo bike and clearly rode in, that was great. The second was a brand new one with a 80% charge in the battery, didn't preform as well but i'm sure it would wear in fine. Sport is an ok looking bike, I don't love it but I don't dislike it either, the only slight annoyance is the top bar spilt into two making it very wide, fine for stopping but hard to turn on the spot when you feel a little like John Wayne. Not totally off-putting though, something I'd get use too. I like Juicy for how local it is, literally half an hour away from the main warehouse.

Woosh - I've read so may good things about Woosh and I do like the look of their bikes over the Juicy ones, if that means anything really. I haven't met them in the flesh and what is holding me back is the 20" frame of the bear. Although the Juicy sport with the saddle I was riding was the equivalent of a 19.5" and that was fine. We're thinking of going down to Cambridge next week. 3 .5 hour drive!!!! Hell of a journey…. is it worth it to check out the bear? The display looks upgraded, the upgraded 15AH battery (as appose to the 10AH Juicy) is definitely appealing! Even though I will only be doing 9 miles I don't want to be charging it all the time nor have to stop on a weekend. Just to have it for the same amount of money really!

So frame size aside, Juicy Sport vs. Woosh Big Bear - who wins?

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
you ask a very difficult question. Both Juicy and Woosh are members of the forum. You are practically guaranteed a very good level of service if you buy a bike from one of the sellers advertising here, because they are bound to look after all members. Woosh sell direct so their costs and prices are lower. The proximity of Juicy - they are practically on your doorstep, must count in Juicy favour. Although the Big Bear is a very good bike, I'd say Juicy on this one.

cazzie

Apr 2, 2014
Manchester, UK
It is very hard to choose between the two. There are pros and cons of both. As far as I can tell they are very evenly matched. Even on price!

I just need a little healthy debate on the two before making a final decision.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
There isn't currently a bike matching the specs of the Big Bear for under £1,200. The nearest are the eZee Torq MK3 (£1,395), Tornado and Arriba. Both the Kudos Tornado and Arriba have BPM motors but only 10.4AH battery. None of the Bosch bikes (including the s-pedelecs) come near the power of the Torq Mk3.
On specs, I put best Torq Mk3, Arriba, Big Bear, Tornado.

Last edited:

Willber G

Pedelecer
Feb 15, 2014
Southampton
I think the drive will be worth it. Even if you don't buy the Woosh you will always wonder what it is like if you don't see it. And the specs are impressive.

cazzie

Apr 2, 2014
Manchester, UK
The Bears spec is awesome. I haven't seen anything close!

I think we are definitely going to go down to Woosh because like you say, there will always be that doubt in my mind if I haven't tried both bikes. Even if the Juicy comes out of top at least I'll be at peace with the decision!

My fiancé is now considering getting one too, he's very interested in the bear. At 6'5" he'll have no problem with the frame! Now we're going down for the both of us it definitely seems worth it. Shame there isn't any up north to try out. Maybe I'll offer my services to Woosh if I was to go with them.

D

Deleted member 4366

The Big Bear is not a big bike. I was surprised when someone said it was 20". At 5' 5" you might have to remove the Sprung seatt pin.

It has a much larger motor than the Juicy, so climbs much better.

cazzie

Apr 2, 2014
Manchester, UK
I had a feeling that the Big Bear would preform better.

I think that (though could be very wrong) the Sirocco 2 would be equivalentto the Juicy Sport? If so it's only £599 instead of the £849 from Juicy. Or does the Juicy have more power?

Last edited:

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
You could have one of each and fight for the one you want. Anyone taking bets on this?

C

Cyclezee

There isn't currently a bike matching the specs of the Big Bear for under £1,200. The nearest are the eZee Torq MK3 (£1,395), Tornado and Arriba. Both the Kudos Tornado and Arriba have BPM motors but only 10.4AH battery. None of the Bosch bikes (including the s-pedelecs) come near the power of the Torq Mk3.
On specs, I put best Torq Mk3, Arriba, Big Bear, Tornado.
Don't forget the eZee Sprint GTS 8, same motor, etc. as the Torq 3, but with 26" wheels and Nexus 8 speed;)
IMG_0050.JPG

Reactions: mountainsport

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
I'm on the hunt for my first electric bike and I've narrowed my search down to either the Woosh Big Bear or the Juicy Sport.

I have pros and cons for each but I wondered whether anyone could give me any of there own input?

I'm 22 years old, 5 foot 5 inches and weigh 92kg. Bike will be used to get to work which is a 9 mile round trip, elevation of 221 miles, steepest gradient is 15% for 0.5 miles. Very hilly!

I have ridden the Juicy Sport and was impressed by it, didn't go up a hill as steep as mine but it got me up the 9% and 10% hills nearby no bother. Gears were a bit clunky and hard to get into gear quick but nothing I haven't had on previous bikes. I actually rode two, the first was the demo bike and clearly rode in, that was great. The second was a brand new one with a 80% charge in the battery, didn't preform as well but i'm sure it would wear in fine. Sport is an ok looking bike, I don't love it but I don't dislike it either, the only slight annoyance is the top bar spilt into two making it very wide, fine for stopping but hard to turn on the spot when you feel a little like John Wayne. Not totally off-putting though, something I'd get use too. I like Juicy for how local it is, literally half an hour away from the main warehouse.

Woosh - I've read so may good things about Woosh and I do like the look of their bikes over the Juicy ones, if that means anything really. I haven't met them in the flesh and what is holding me back is the 20" frame of the bear. Although the Juicy sport with the saddle I was riding was the equivalent of a 19.5" and that was fine. We're thinking of going down to Cambridge next week. 3 .5 hour drive!!!! Hell of a journey…. is it worth it to check out the bear? The display looks upgraded, the upgraded 15AH battery (as appose to the 10AH Juicy) is definitely appealing! Even though I will only be doing 9 miles I don't want to be charging it all the time nor have to stop on a weekend. Just to have it for the same amount of money really!

So frame size aside, Juicy Sport vs. Woosh Big Bear - who wins?
have you decided yet?

cazzie

Apr 2, 2014
Manchester, UK
I have!

We went down to Cambridge yesterdayto visit the Woosh bikes.

My god that Big Bear is something else! Insane power and so responsive. Fit on it fine with the spring seat, NCX was too high but without it it couldn't have been a better fit for me. Got me up and over the bike bridge, throttle alone at 11mph.

So yes, decision made! Woosh Big Bear it is! For me and the fiancé! On the reserve list for when the black frame comes back in stock. :)