yamaha pas 099 for 1000 euros?

qeeeme

Pedelecer
Aug 20, 2007
someone offers here in germany a used pedelec for 1000 euros but he is ready to go down and negotiate the price (which is maybe far too expensive?)

i have seen the bike it is written yamaha pas x 099 and it has 4 gears (i think shimano). the battery is NiCd and i think 22 or 20 or 24 volts

i have been on the bike and it seems to be like the panasonic unit on flyer etc

do you have any suggestion about this product?

i think if he is ready to go down with the price it could start to be interesting for me to make experience with motor in the middle and panasonic. of course the battery i must see for a new one and include those costs in the price i can think about

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
This bike was discontinued several years ago and that's an extremely high price. The Ni-Cad cells the battery uses are getting very difficult to find now as they are also being discontinued for pollution reasons, so the battery would have to be converted to NiMh at some stage. I doubt if the present battery has much life in it due to age.

Although it's a central motor, it's the opposite of the Panasonic system. The Panasonic system works like a true bicycle, the Yamaha was much more like a moped in character, quite powerful but with inferior cycling qualities.