Yes Minister,its an electric bike

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Good morning minister
Morning Sir Humphrey.
Humphrey,on the way into No 10 that young Fortescue lad rode fast on a bicycle,passed the ministerial Bentley at great speed,looked like he was enjoying himself.
Minister are you still using the Bentley I thought that went in the last round of cuts and its hardly green is it.
Thats ok we planted a new forest next to the duck pond and that balanced our carbon offset.
Anyway,I am interested in this bicycle that young Fortescue is using,it was very fast and he wasn't putting in much effort.
Minister, that will be one of those electric bikes,they have an electric motor to help with the pedalling,I think they call them e-bikes.
Humphrey,say well done to Fortescue keeping his car off the road and stops the roads being congested,but he will be avoiding the congestion charge,still we collect the road tax.
Er no, minister these are bicycles so they don't pay tax,insurance,they dont need mot-these are independent guys and ride for free,also there's no tax on their fuel.
Humphrey,do you mean they use our roads without making any contribution to the government coffers,we can't have that we must find a way to tax them.
Well thats hardly fair sir,we persuaded them onto their bikes by the cycle to work scheme.
Hunphrey,I thought we modified that so that it still looked green but it wasn't worthwhile any more.
Yes sir that's true but some still use it and the others are locked in anyway.
Humphrey,there must be something they want.
Well minister they are keen to have recharging points, it only costs about 10p to recharge,we could help them and provide them for free.
Free! did you say Free!,no this is our opportunity to tax them. How about £1 per charge,that will bring in lots of money.
But minister that will only drive them back into their cars using lots of fossil fuel,congestion,pollution etc.
Exactly,Sir Humphrey that will also collect lots of tax!

Dave.
Kudoscycles

timidtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2009
Cheshire
GambiaGOES.blogspot.com
Just remember, to be fair to Governments, they do allow most of us to keep at least half the money we earn ...
:-(
NB - anyone got a scheme to tax fresh air? It doesn't grow on trees you know!
Tom.