Yet another 20 inch Bosch bike

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Riese &Muller produce classy German bikes with prices to match, have never liked the odd styling but this semi folder has Nuvinci hub and full suspension. a bit over engineered for a city bike I think.....For rich Munich business men..

Kendu hybrid Harmony | riese und müller

As I thought nearly 4000€ with 11Ah battery and automatic version of Nuvinci

Last edited:

RoadieRoger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2010
That`s a beautiful machine Eddie , if that was a Woosh or a Kudos , I`d be `phoning my order in pronto .

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
I was wondering whether it has a throttle, when highlighting the offending area it seems to suggest that it does, or am I imagining it ?

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
that will be the control for Nuvini hub...no throttles on Bosch system bikes

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Fails on one point though, in common with lots of folders. For a compact fold the handlebars and saddle are I think too close for comfortable cycling.

Old_Dave

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 15, 2012
Dumfries & Galloway
For a compact fold the handlebars and saddle are I think too close for comfortable cycling.
Your right :D but a change of stem / bars kinda fixes it

But the compact suffers, lol

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Your right :D but a change of stem / bars kinda fixes it

But the compact suffers, lol
Assuming it can be changed. A high proportion of these folding stems can't, being very non-standard. Also the trouble with forward extensions on a close spaced bike is the unpleasant "tiller steering" that can result.

Brompton learnt this lesson of not having saddle and stem too close a short while ago when they lengthened the main tube, greatly improving their bike with very little fold compromise.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
My AVE MH7 pretty comfortable,but my stem kinks forward a bit so maybe that's why. Better value also, I am sure its a lot lighter and comfortable enough with the thud buster. dont see full susers make sense in a 20 inch city bike......there are about 5 different Bosch 20 inch wheeled bikes now

2 things I dont like about mine is lack of XT gear set, as when it first came out it had XT but was a lot more expensive...and the rear rack to low, panniers just flap about as you cant secure at end, a tie rap will fix this but constantly removing then a hassle

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Yes, having a tilt forward stem like that does help Eddie, especially if the tilt angle is adjustable. But I much prefer a small wheel bike to be long enough in the first place as Brompton eventually realised after many years, once it had sunk in that it had hardly any effect on the compactness of the fold.