Yet more Bosch powered bikes

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
This Blue label bike looks very stylish I think....Two models, one with Nu Vinci hub gears

And this range of twin suspension bikes, some with Rohloff, some with XT, bit heavy mind but different

Riese und Mller Homage hybrid Bosch Elektrorad

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
That's a good link to some nice bikes Eddie. The German market has certainly taken to the Bosch-powered bikes in a big way, it seems. Perhaps if ebikes were better known in the UK, we'd get the kind of range and variety that they enjoy in Germany.

Indalo

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
I was just looking around for the "best folder" and came across these. The Blue label is a bit like panasonic powered BH Emotion bikes in style...

Having no luck with folders on German pedelec, cant be that popular over there.....

danfoto

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 2, 2010
Sarfeast England
This Blue label bike looks very stylish I think

Indeed, but the way that top tube splits to join the head tube grates a bit. Different for the sake of being different?

BrianP

Pedelecer
Jan 4, 2012
I was just looking around for the "best folder" and came across these. The Blue label is a bit like panasonic powered BH Emotion bikes in style...

Having no luck with folders on German pedelec, cant be that popular over there.....
On the link page above, the company also make Birdy folders. They are terrific little bikes, our family like them so much we have 4 of them! They are just so comfortable and enjoyable to potter around on and yet also capable of touring. They do an electric version too, although it must be pretty expensive,

Birdy Faltrad (Klapprad, Riese & Müller)

Brian

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Hmm.....well spotted Brian! I saw the Birdy link but ignored as never thought they may be e bikes. are they 20 inch wheels?

are your bikes similar? if so could you give me an idea of how long they are please...

EDIT: just looked and they do in fact fold! BionX 24 v though.....

Last edited:

BrianP

Pedelecer
Jan 4, 2012
here's the fold. they are great bikes. We do really like ours. My son and daughter-in-law have nexus geared ones which they find easier to fold. perhaps an e-version with a small front motor would be best. The wheel are small at 18". As an enjoyable, comfortable, quality bike I can recommend them highly.

[video=youtube;ZAVfnwOZ_LQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ZAVfnwOZ_LQ[/video]

Brian

jhruk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 13, 2009
here's the fold. they are great bikes. We do really like ours. My son and daughter-in-law have nexus geared ones which they find easier to fold. perhaps an e-version with a small front motor would be best. The wheel are small at 18". As an enjoyable, comfortable, quality bike I can recommend them highly.

Brian
I’d like to second that - I’m another Birdy fan. Although I’ve never actually owned one I’ve ridden them for many miles and have always been impressed. Not as neat a fold as the Brompton of course, but if I wanted a small wheel folding bike that rode like a large wheel one they would certainly be on my shortlist.

I’ve often wondered whether the unusual front fork/suspension would take a tongxin or Q85 motor. So far I’ve been reluctant to pursue this as I know how tempting one would be - and I’ve probably got too many bikes already.

So far…..

Cakey

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 4, 2012
Ben at kinetics has been selling birdy electric kits for years
Not cheap £3165 I think

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Yet another new Bosch Pedelec: Gates belt + NuVinci + 45 ° rotated engine.this is a prototype with carbon frame etc.. 2600 - 3200 euro so approx between £2131 - 2622 at current exchange rate...this may be the one for me as wife could probably manage the low cross bar....and I love the look of it

Google Translate

Last edited:

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
And so do I!lol