Yorkshire

bamo

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 16, 2008
Hi,
Is there anybody out there in the West Yorkshire area with an electric bike who can give me some advice with the hills we have around here and possibly a demo, as I amlooking to buy a bike but not sure which route to take.

Thanks

Iain :eek:

Steve

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 28, 2007
Hi there

yes I have a wisper works bike which I bough second hand a few months back.

I test drove various bikes and found the wisper works my favourite in the price range. It feels and looks stylish, is light and rides well.

I havent used it much since purchase but you are welcome to come and have a look etcI am away until Monday so can't reply until then

Steve

Leeds

Sep 24, 2007
I'd go for a secondhand one only though, if it's a Wisper you decide on. I bought a new Wisper and think it was very overpriced for what it was. The latest model costs even more than I paid and is actually more than a Kalkhoff Agattu which has the Panasonic motor and battery. Secondhand Wispers go for about £550 or less on eBay.

frank9755

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 19, 2007
London
They're cheaper than that now, Jimmy. In case you haven't spotted it, Wisper is now selling off new ones (ex-display) for £4-600 on eBay.

oznog

Pedelecer
Jul 22, 2007
Cumbria
I've got a Giant lite that I take from bradford to leeds (when the weather isin't tipping it down.. which isisn't very much lately!) I love it; but its probably not worth test riding as you can't get one! I test rode a sprint from someone via 50 cycles(just down the road from me in Shipley and it was good, if you want a true moped and not a bike(in my humble opinion).