you tube just shat on every small channel

craiggor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 9, 2015
They can't close small accounts. I'm a casual user I have about 10 videos I use it to watch videos I make play lists of other peoples videos eg electric bikes,repair videos for cars bikes etc,music videos etc. If they shut down my channel how will I be able to subscribe to people ? If they close all the small channels who will subscribe to the big ones ?

Sent from my T1005 using Tapatalk

They can't close small accounts. I'm a casual user I have about 10 videos I use it to watch videos I make play lists of other peoples videos eg electric bikes,repair videos for cars bikes etc,music videos etc. If they shut down my channel how will I be able to subscribe to people ? If they close all the small channels who will subscribe to the big ones ?

You don't have to be able to share, to be able to watch content. They could easily stop you posting (for free), without stopping you watching.

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

craiggor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 9, 2015
I don't think they will lock it down to only the present big channels. Small channels need to start somewhere.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc and LeighPing
You need a channel to subscribe.

Yes, we have a channel, but if you change the word channel to account... and its sorted. Your channel could easily be switch to one where you have to pay to upload videos, until you're at a certain level.

Like eBay shops, it'll come - where you're paying more as a small guy.

• Informative

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
No doubt it's to cut the administrative costs of very large numbers of small reward accounts.

But frankly I don't see any cause for complaint. When YouTube started they were providing a free platform for us to upload our private videos, using advertising to finance it. I saw that as a benefit to internet users.

When I first found out they were paying heavy users as well I could hardly believe it, being given something free and then getting paid to use it heavily. Taxi's often carry adverts and I'd love a free local taxi service, even better if the taxi driver paid me at my destination if I used the service enough.

So in what way are YouTube giving a poor service? All I see for internet users is a win-win situation, a handy and efficient free platform for our private videos. Whether they make money from ads or how much that amounts to is their business and nothing to do with me.

It's been a win-win situation thus far. However, what pays for those 'private' videos? Those that are in the public domain clearly can, and subsequently should, earn advertising revenue. Of which, a part thereof, can pay for their upkeep. I wonder what the next step might be.. :rolleyes: I fear that it will be game over for the private user. o_O

D

Deleted member 4366

Unless I can't read properly, there's nothing to say that they're going to make a charge to post videos or stop people from posting. All I see is that they're going to stop paying people for their posted videos if not enough people watch them.

• Agree
Reactions: EddiePJ and flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It's been a win-win situation thus far. However, what pays for those 'private' videos? Those that are in the public domain clearly can, and subsequently should, earn advertising revenue. Of which, a part thereof, can pay for their upkeep. I wonder what the next step might be.. :rolleyes: I fear that it will be game over for the private user. o_O
Even if they close all minor accounts I don't see that as problem. They provide a charitable free service and can equally shut that down. If they did shut it down, another organisation will immediately jump in to fill the void.

That threat is your safeguard, since a replacement service would also steal some of their advertising and they wouldn't want that.

So nothing to worry about.

• Agree

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
it is just the you tube partner programme that is changing and will have some features like custom thumb nails removed if ur not in the partner programme.

you can still upload videos but will be limited to what tools you will get to use to edit them ect.

the add revenue on my account for the last 28 days has gone from $2.60 to 90c so will be at zero at change over.

i still dont get the you tube algorithm as near all the money i made has come from just 1 video of my purion display lol.

i also think setting the rules to 4000 watch hours is way over the top as some channels have 10.000 subs and still cant quite meet that target every 12 months.

• Agree

Advertisers