Prices of the electricity we use to charge

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
It will never happen, we've been through all this before, well over seventy years ago and probably before your time.

Then back in the 1950s we were told that automation would rob us of all our jobs so similar would happen. The opposite has happened, we haven't enough people to do all the jobs and have to rely on immigration from backward countries.

Like automated car driving, in 2018 we were being told in this forum that by 2020 no Tesla would have driver controls. Once again it's the opposite, Tesla were forced to admit their self driver system is level 2 only, driver assist, not level 5 fully automated.

As Robert Burns wrote in 1785, “The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry”.

He was only partly right, they always go awry.

• :D
Reactions: flecc

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
20240519_125815[1].jpg

thrust vector fan cooling :p

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I'd much prefer being charged 0.0p/hr!

Yesterday Octopus have yet again claimed that the certification period of my dumb electricity meter has expired, needs to be replaced with "Smart"; mentioned OPSS records.

"This is called a certification date which is set by the Office for Product Safety and Standards (OPSS)"

A few weeks ago, I asked the Office for Product Safety and Standards (OPSS) for information about the certification period of my electricity meter. The OPSS replied:

"The team are unable to check any records on if there was any changes or checks from when the meter was first installed in which your suppliers should have this recorded.

If you are having troubles with support from your suppliers, we would advise to contact the Ombudsman in order to build a case against your suppliers."

I've requested Octopus prove the certification period of my electricity meter has expired. If they can't provide proof, I will contact the Ombudsman.

From my cold dead hands! They'll never take my dumb meter alive! Even if they force install a smart meter, I'll cover the damned thing with foil, to foil it's communications! It'll be made dumb by gum!

Last edited: