A few Bosch questions

El Champiero

Pedelecer
Nov 25, 2013
Bristol
I got a quote from a trusted supplier in China selling compatible Bosch e bike batteries. They use the same Samsung cells which are inside the genuine Bosch batteries.

They quoted me $140.60 for the battery. Not yet sure about carriage but I reckon its going to be around $80. That would make it a very good deal and I think it should work absolutely fine.

Details below for the supplier:

http://gd-battery.en.alibaba.com/company_profile.html

Reactions: Streethawk

Hugh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2009
It'd be interesting to know how you get on if you do decide to import from China - actual costs etc, and if the battery's actually any good when it comes :)

El Champiero

Pedelecer
Nov 25, 2013
Bristol
I'll definitely report back on it. In the meantime I have a spare 288wH genuine Bosch battery which has been used twice. I am thinking of selling it soon.,...

Hugh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2009
Hi,

PM sent (I hope :))

Hugh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2009
Bum! I can't work this new system :(

Just wondered how much you might want for your battery.

I got a quote from a trusted supplier in China selling compatible Bosch e bike batteries. They use the same Samsung cells which are inside the genuine Bosch batteries.
From experience of dealing with Chinese factories and suppliers in a variety of industries I would point out that, there isn't really such thing as a trusted supplier. They will copy and fake anything and everything. So always be wary

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
so you buy from China?

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
Last edited:

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
When I was working and living in the Potteries I wanted a china tea service as a gift for relatives in Scotland. Flying the flag sort of thing. A friend said he could get me one at a discount. Turned out it was porcelain 'Made in China'.

I went elsewhere for it.

BobJ

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 3, 2009
Hi everyone
I've had some great battery feedback and offers from a number of dealers, particularly from David at electrifyingcycles and Mark at e-motion in Swindon.

However member El Champiero offered me an almost new battery at a great price which suited my needs exactly so I'm now sorted, just a "dongle" to sort out sometime now.

El Champiero

Pedelecer
Nov 25, 2013
Bristol
I take the point about Chinese suppliers. You certainly do need to be careful. There are bound to be unscrupulous dealers in amongst the honest ones.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
stick to the ones recommended by members.
If you want to buy enough to trade, check that their factory has a valid export licence.
Avoid also companies with a sister company based in HK doing import/export, you pay their HK company while the order is fulfil by mainland China, if something goes wrong, it's difficult to solve.

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
Strange, are you possibly using a hub gear as opposed to derailleur? This can alter things.

Also I spoke to Mr Bosch about the walk function and although they have increased the level slightly on newer models, they didn't want to up it too much as they were afraid of it turning into a 'lazy button'.

I have found the walk assist very quick in hardest gear.

Interestingly on the older system I can update the software to newer firmware that should increase the walk assist slightly.

Regards
Martin
About this issue. I long thought the walk assist was completely useless.

Background: My older ebike with a standard china-system have a throttle. There I use it when pushing the bike up steep hills in the forrest. Almost only then. It is really amazing there. If you set it too much you have to run after your bike in the hill :) (there is also cruise function so it remains on the setting after a few seconds, then you can release throttle and concentrate on steering).

Well. That was VERY different on the Bosch (CX-line). But after reading this I have tested a little more, now I find it useful but still far from good in above situation.

On highest gear, the bike goes decently fast when walking on flat surface. Uphill it is very bad because it is not enough power.

On lowest gear, it's the opposite, slower (about 1km/h slower) but more power that can actually climb a hill. But it works very odd. It kind of pulses the power so you have to keep pressing the button and just wait until it starts to pull again. And this goes on and on, along with the very slow speed this makes you just have to wait if you don't want to push the bike yourself :) it works, but it is very slow and difficult keeping the button pressed when climbing up a hill (eg forrest trail).
(I'm considering adding an of/off switch in parallell with the button).