Oxygen S Cross ST

fildok

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 6, 2011
I had been procrastinating about buying a pedelec for some time, with the usual excuses like.. am I too old @68? Or can I justify spending the money etc.
I visited several dealers around Sheffield and everyone had decent offerings. I then thought about visiting Oxygen seeing as they are located about 5 miles away.
Although I turned up without doing the requested appointment procedure , I was welcomed in by the friendly staff.
well, to cut a long story short, I ended up with an S Cross step through with 13 amh battery.
The reason for my choice was a lot to do with how I was treated during my visit - no pressure just good advice.
Stay with me on this!
I went out on my first bike ride in about 30 years - only a few miles but enjoyed myself.
Second trip was double the distance and quite a bit of dirt trails.
When I got home though - to my horror- I noticed that when I came to putting the stand down that the telescopic bit had gone awol.
I left Dale a message explaining my predicament and within minutes was emailed back with the news that a new stand would sent - not bad eh?
The very next day it arrived ! Dale offered to fit it but I said I was ok.
Now thats what I call customers service!! So 5 stars from me.
I also realise there are other dealers , Whoosh etc would provide a similar service but Oxygen are local to me.
Over and out.

Phil

Reactions: Wicky

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
I had been procrastinating about buying a pedelec for some time, with the usual excuses like.. am I too old @68? Or can I justify spending the money etc.
I visited several dealers around Sheffield and everyone had decent offerings. I then thought about visiting Oxygen seeing as they are located about 5 miles away.
Although I turned up without doing the requested appointment procedure , I was welcomed in by the friendly staff.
well, to cut a long story short, I ended up with an S Cross step through with 13 amh battery.
The reason for my choice was a lot to do with how I was treated during my visit - no pressure just good advice.
Stay with me on this!
I went out on my first bike ride in about 30 years - only a few miles but enjoyed myself.
Second trip was double the distance and quite a bit of dirt trails.
When I got home though - to my horror- I noticed that when I came to putting the stand down that the telescopic bit had gone awol.
I left Dale a message explaining my predicament and within minutes was emailed back with the news that a new stand would sent - not bad eh?
The very next day it arrived ! Dale offered to fit it but I said I was ok.
Now thats what I call customers service!! So 5 stars from me.
I also realise there are other dealers , Whoosh etc would provide a similar service but Oxygen are local to me.
Over and out.

Phil
Welcome Phil

Never had any dealings with oxygen but always great to hear a good service story and useful for others.

First ride in 30 years! I'll bet you don't wait 30 days for the next one!!

Fishy

Pedelecer
Nov 16, 2018
Always good to hear of great customer service, well done Oxygen, and enjoy your new ride ;)

fildok

Sep 6, 2011
Welcome Phil

Never had any dealings with oxygen but always great to hear a good service story and useful for others.

First ride in 30 years! I'll bet you don't wait 30 days for the next one!!
I certainly won’t, although it seems like the bad weather has arrived - Cue victor Meldrew - I don’t bloody believe it!

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
I certainly won’t, although it seems like the bad weather has arrived - Cue victor Meldrew - I don’t bloody believe it!
I'm a year round commuter as well as riding for fun. Just need good gear to get out there! (waterproofs, gloves etc)

II actually like it when the weather is crazy and the sea is crashing. Just need to be prepared!

• Agree
Reactions: fildok and egroover

Underlayunderlay

Pedelecer
Oct 16, 2019
Dorset
I've been dealing with Dale at Oxygen regarding a problem with my bike, so far so good apart from the collection which I know Dale can't control...
he also left the phone connected when he thought we had both hung up...and I listened to an honest account of my side of the issue and the company's (Dales) take on it ....it's a breath of fresh air compared with other companies I've dealt with. :);)
Haven't got my bike back yet but understand it's having a check over and will be sent back soon.

Last edited:

fildok

Sep 6, 2011
I've been dealing with Dale at Oxygen regarding a problem with my bike, so far so good apart from the collection which I know Dale can't control...
he also left the phone connected when he thought we had both hung up...and I listened to an honest account of my side of the issue and the company's (Dales) take on it ....it's a breath of fresh air compared with other companies I've dealt with. :);)
Haven't got my bike back yet but understand it's having a check over and will be sent back soon.
That’s good to know

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Oxygen ia another of the few sellers on the forum who get very god feed back due to their CS and attention to detail. Choosing local is a no brainer when within range of one of the good guys.

• Agree
Reactions: Woosh