Black Friday sales

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
Late Night developments starting with Murphy meowing At 1:30 ish woke me up and i figured the way she was looking down from her perch the absence of a wet food option might be the problem as i had cleared the mornings offering away before sleep.

So i gave her a pouch and as soon as i retreated back to bed she jumped down for a scoff. Jumping back up to her comfy perch shelf she meowed again and i manage to coax her out and up to the bed for a stroke and a nuzzle, she has a loud purr and trills a bit now and again too.. she took time outs from fussing to wander down to the foot of the bed and eye up the top shelf of the set she has claimed, Bottom shelf is her hide middle shelf is her perch and the top shelf was a challenge, and its pilled 2-3ft high with jeans etc under a not so packed clothing rail.

Well she spotted a route and took it and conquered the top shelf too nuzzling the top layers about a bit to make a couple of comfy spots before jumping down and back up on the bed for more fusses and other spotting exercises as she then went on to conquer the window sill the corner arm chair, and the drawers,, popping back for a fuss between jaunts, this went on till 5:30 am when i finally dropped off..

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Sounds like she is settling nicely, it won't be much longer before their reputation of being naughty torties lives up to the name. My girl loves hunting , small rodents & slow worms she brings home and weirdly some conkers end of last week.

Reactions: thelarkbox

portals

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 15, 2022
The diet thing for cats is interesting, Muffin was fed mainly dry food for most of her adult life on advice from the vet, she got wet food 2/3 times a week when we cooked chicken or fish but she was a grazer and liked to have food available 24/7, she would soon let you know when it was running low. She also had no problem with tap water in her bowl.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Vets are the worst to ask advice regarding nutrition, A they aren't nutitionists and B most are backed by the producers that supply them discount food to sell.

As it has been mentioned they are obligate carnivors, bland biscuit crap food covered with an enticing eat me additive is not a good source of nutrition or good for the kidneys . Cystitis is another downside caused by dry food.

portals

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 15, 2022
Her kidneys failed (very common in cats) and she had Leukaemia so from her collapsing to the injection was less than 48hrs. I had her at vets around 1 yr before she passed as she was off food and they ran tests that all came back fine so no kidney issues at that point after many years on the above diet in last post.

If I get another cat I will seek advice from a cat nutritionist.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Like humans, heart disease leads to insufficient blood supply to the kidneys and other organs.

When my cats were very old, I added water and taurine powder to roast chicken, after deboning (cats aren't hyenas @Saracen), then gave it a good mix. I also fed them fresh chicken hearts, when I could find very fresh. I drew the line at breeding live mice to feed them with.

Cat FoodServing Size Per DayTaurine (mg per kg)Taurine Per Day
Surrounded By Animals – Turkey552000110
Applaws – Chicken45200090
Wainwrights – Turkey70128089.6
Harringtons – Chicken11075082.5
AVA – Fish60120072
Whiskers 1+ – Chicken55130071.5
Pets At Home Complete Nutrition – Salmon70100070
Go Cat – Chicken & Duck7087060.9
James Wellbeloved – Turkey50100050
Purina One – Chicken6570045.5

Taurine concentrations in animal feed ingredients

Last edited:

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
No idea how this got on to the fuzzy little blighters , but back on topic.

Shimano M4100 Deore 10 spd cassette
£60 reduced to £9.99 11-46t

Fancy Zipp dropper bars £108 reduced to £23

Nukeproof Neuron pedals - £35 reduced to a tenner

Nukeproof Vector DH saddle - £65 reduced to £8 135mm width, so maybe better suited to skinny 4r5es

And for the fat 4r5es out there. £65 reduced to £11

etc etc

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
Hope no one is suffering from buyers remorse..
My Black Friday Bargain is settling in nicely;)55342

Its been a LONG week, this little furbal has a nose for mischief, one morning i woke to her scrambling up the bedroom chimney, on finding her back out at meal time I blocked off the chimney only for her to find a way to get behind the bath board.

And she is not shy in crying for attention, i will often chase a meow to find her eager for a fuss but to lazy to come to me..

She can literally spook herself with her own tail, and when fussed she will go into a purr frenzy, wanting to rub her chin on anything to scent it and will knock things flying in the process freaking herself out as a result, so initial coaxing out for a fuss was frequently terminated prematurely with Murphy darting for her safe corner where she would emerge from after 10 minutes ready to be coaxed out again.

After 2-3 days of coaxing her out for a fuss on the floor she has deemed me safe enough to jump up onto for a fuss in the lap and is comfortable sleeping at the foot of the bed.

P1010862.JPGP1010857.JPGP1010850.JPG

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Fantastic, she is a beauty and found her for ever home.
Lots of red going on her lh flank , certainly an unmistakeable calico.

Reactions: thelarkbox

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Various products are still going pretty cheap, cheaper than usual, with free 5 or 7 day delivery for total orders over £8. I've spent far too much on things I've considered buying all year. And I'm still buying yet more AliExpress tat. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Saracen

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2023
I have never found anything on so called black friday that I can not get cheaper all year round by looking

Amazing how many "cultures" actually fall for it, an other con we have fallen for over here

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Not looking hard enough, there are some deals to be had but not all deals are true bargains. I saved over £50 on one BF item I wanted on AliExpress and just yesterday a non BF item in a winter sale on AliExpress has saved me another £55 on an item I had earmarked in my watched folder.

Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Well, I don't think it is safe to ride with jewelery
You've quoted spam within a quote which was uttered by no other user. Aaarrrgghh spam reported aaarrrgghh.

Reactions: HelenJ