Help! Raleigh motus. where to/ how to fix accessories

Lara-Jess

Just Joined
Feb 13, 2024
hello all - new Motus owner here. - low step so no cross bar - sorry not a tea question but how do I carry the lock / water bottle / lights when the tubing is so atypical!! any ideas or photos of other Motus with stuff attached.
Also I really like having a front carrier/ basket of some sort - any recommendations?

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
carrying too much on the front (mass) can have a negative impact on steering creating a strong bias as soon as you leave the straight ahead path.. (see profile pic)

For lights etc amazon/ebay/aliexpress etc or your local bike shop can sell you an accessories bar to bolt onto your handle bars etc and provide more 'real estate' for fixing things like cameras and lights.

Since you can add anything you want to a bike, perhaps select your accessories and where you want them on your bike and post pics for specific advice.

Stanebike

Pedelecer
Jan 5, 2020
Hi Lara-Jess, I have a Motus step through bike and pondered where to locate my D-lock on the bike. In the end I’ve fitted the holder to the seat stay, the tube from near the centre of the rear wheel that goes diagonally upwards towards the saddle. At first I occasionally rubbed the side of my heal against the lock but a little adjusting solved that. Obviously if you have panniers fitted you’ll have to lift the pannier up to access the lock. On mine I just swing it out at the bottom.
For my chain lock I just wind it around the seat down tube and front most rung of the rear rack and lock the ends together. I also have a rear light attached below the seat above the area the chain occupies. I don’t have a basket so can’t comment on a suitable solution.

kangooroo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2015
Wye Valley
I have a step-through bike without cross-bar and my bikes also don't have any accessory holes drilled into the frame.

I carry a water bottle on the seat downtube, secured via wrapped-around Velcro, lock wrapped around the seatpost or on rear pannier rack and a simple bracket fitting for a front lamp on the handlebars.