£1000+ on a bike partner response

fishingpaul

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2007
There are many £1000+ bikes being purchased at the moment,how has your wife or partner reacted to you spending this amount on a bicycle,although i would like to spend over £1000 on a nice electric bike myself,i would worry about it being stolen whilst left in the bike shed at work,and i know my partner has a long list of far more important things (in her eyes) for my hard earned to be spent on,even spending £300 on a second hand electric bike is wasting money in her eyes.

Django

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2007
You just need to budget for £2000+. £1000+ for the bike and £1000+ for whatever she wants. Easy. :)

frank9755

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 19, 2007
London
Easiest way is if it saves some other cost. I used to spend about £100 per month on commuting by train/tube. I've bought 4 electric bikes, but in a few months time they will have been completely offset by those savings.

Other way is to let her have a go - my wife is now the main user of 'my' Wisper!

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
There are many £1000+ bikes being purchased at the moment,how has your wife or partner reacted to you spending this amount on a bicycle,although i would like to spend over £1000 on a nice electric bike myself,i would worry about it being stolen whilst left in the bike shed at work,and i know my partner has a long list of far more important things (in her eyes) for my hard earned to be spent on,even spending £300 on a second hand electric bike is wasting money in her eyes.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

she is right and dont be afraid to tell her so, £300 on a second hand e-bike is a waste of money, take her advice and dont spend less then £600 on a second hand e-bike....:rolleyes:

burncycle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 13, 2008
Sheffield
The old proverb.
"if you want a hamster, start off by asking for a pony".

Start by saying you want a Harley Davidson Motorbike at £12k.
You want all the harley Dividson leathers, grow a BIG moustache, grow your hair and join a bikers club.
Then start to listern to Motorhead!

Keep it up for a week or two, then back down and ask for an electric bike.
Works a treat!
Although my wife just said "get one" when I asked about an ebike £1k+.

oldosc

Pedelecer
May 12, 2008
start leaving empty beer cans, bottles about, talk about stress levels, Buy mountain biker (with all that lycra)
Might work, when I mentioned electric Jenny said "make sure you get something good, not a bit of £300 rubbish"

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
Although my wife just said "get one" when I asked about an ebike £1k+.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
yer but she also knew the chance's of you getting one befor her next lottery win was similar :rolleyes: