186 passenger Eflight.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Thanks Zlatan, it's going to be interesting watching this development. I'm undecided how I feel about it, obviously it is for short range flights, so I'm inclined to feel high speed rail is probably a better environmental choice in the longer term.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Not if you need to get to an island destination.
The world's longest bridge is the Danyang–Kunshan Grand Bridge in China, part of the Beijing-Shanghai High-Speed Railway. The bridge, which opened in June 2011, spans 102.4 miles (165 kilometers).

wheeler

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2016
Scotland
The world's longest bridge is the Danyang–Kunshan Grand Bridge in China, part of the Beijing-Shanghai High-Speed Railway. The bridge, which opened in June 2011, spans 102.4 miles (165 kilometers).
That makes Boris' bridge to NI look fairly insignificant.
I can imagine something like that to the Isle of Man or even Scrabster to Lerwick.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
I dont think a Bridge to Barra is ever likely to happen but will an eplane be able to cope with landing on tidal beach there...??? My favourite island, by some margin.Its stunning.

Reactions: flecc

wheeler

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2016
Scotland
I dont think a Bridge to Barra is ever likely to happen but will an eplane be able to cope with landing on tidal beach there...??? My favourite island, by some margin.Its stunning.
Don't know about Barra but an e- plane should easily do Westray to Papa Westray. That flight is so short it could probably be done on a couple of e-bike batteries.

Advertisers