Help! 2007 Greencity folding bike

Paulebike70

Just Joined
May 4, 2022
Hi , I have 2007 "Greencity" folding ebike. It has rear wheel 24v motor, uses 24v 10Ah Silver fish Li-on battery (80 x 78mm) , 4 terminal . It has not been used in ebike mode for many years and I would luke to test the motor to see if it still functions before investing in a replacement battery pack. The silver fish battery seems to be a solid unit, not individual cells. Is there any way I can use 2x12v lead acids to test if the motor functions?. There is no speed controller, just an on/off switch on the handlebar. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
Hi , I have 2007 "Greencity" folding ebike. It has rear wheel 24v motor, uses 24v 10Ah Silver fish Li-on battery (80 x 78mm) , 4 terminal . It has not been used in ebike mode for many years and I would luke to test the motor to see if it still functions before investing in a replacement battery pack. The silver fish battery seems to be a solid unit, not individual cells. Is there any way I can use 2x12v lead acids to test if the motor functions?. There is no speed controller, just an on/off switch on the handlebar. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
If you can get at the wires, identify + and -, then yes. But include a fuse in your test wiring to be on the safe side.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Yep wire them in series so + to - and then connect accordingly to the controller + & -.
A fuse on the + side as mentioned.

Paulebike70

Just Joined
May 4, 2022
Thank you guys. But why are there 4 contacts at the base of the battery pack? I think the outer contacts are the + & -, but what do the inner ones do?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Often nothing, they can be wired for comms between battery and controller or for an extra charging connection for on bike charging should the battery charge point not be accessible.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paulebike70

Paulebike70

Just Joined
May 4, 2022
Thank you guys. But why are there 4 contacts at the base of the battery pack? I think the outer contacts are the + & -, but what do the inner ones do?

Paulebike70

Just Joined
May 4, 2022
Thanks again, so your suggesting a fuse in the +ve line (250w/12v =20A) , then conns to+ and - and I should be good to go. Will give it a go.

Reactions: Nealh