4000w 60V 38Ah electric racing scooter

Mrs Tracey Connolly

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 24, 2016
north east Enlgand
Make sure the battery is fully charged and try again.

One of your pictures showed 54 volts, which is a bit low for a 60 volt battery.
It should be over well over 50% capacity, it lasts days of daily hourly use when fully charged and this happened not long after days use and a recent re-charge, so it was never a drained battery issue for me.
The digital voltage meter is crap, and the numbers 5 and 6 look the same!.
When fully charged it says 58V, though i thought maybe it is 68V since it is a 60V system, but regardless -when near empty it reads in theory' 47-48V with a average 10 number drop from full to near empty so 58V full to 48V when empty.
Unbelievable though, as i was riding the bugger about 1hr ago after i loosened the handlebar wiring and the voltmeter stopped dropping as i turned scooter the handle bars left i thought i had cracked it.
After that i only drove around the block and it was working fine, then it began randomly cutting out even with voltage reading stable, it would work then make a clunk/thud noise coming from motor/footplate then just unresponsive throttle, and then only by switching ignition between lights on and lights off, and power on and power off would it then work momentarily again for a second or two.
Stumped, lost -with a seller in China who just doesn't wanna know, hes stopped answering my calls, e-mails and WhattsApp weeks ago after i merely asked for the $146 he owed me from the shipping/freight difference.
Muggins...

Mrs Tracey Connolly

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 24, 2016
north east Enlgand
is it like some e-bikes, need to get up to speed 1st, then turn on?
No not this, it has a electric motor that tops out very fast, like a 1600w EVO powerboard only faster and belt-fed, a hand full of throttle now brings me just a second of thrust then a clunk and throttle then becomes unresponsive, turn it off then back on again and it's does the same thing, what is your opinion Andrew?.

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
I'd follow the advice given by Fordulke to fully charge the battery and try again. This should rule out a low voltage cutout (LVC).

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
Agree with others, sounds like LVC, so tests on battery are very important.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Advertisers