806se won't turn on

MikelBikel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Ireland
Been neglecting the 806se since I got a new bike. Ran OK before in that freeze we had, put it away (without rinsing it off, so chain rusted) got chain freed up but seized again & needs replacement. Turned on OK and wheel spun about a month ago, now no-go.

Tried holding display power button in for longer periods, but no joy.

Have brought it in out of garage to warm up & dry off, in case damp is causing the fault. 41.4v from battery on & all 4lights lit. Noticed controller cover has lost its screws & was loose! So have taken it off to let any damp dry out & check voltage inside.

So it needs some fettling, hey ho! Do they go to sleep if left for long periods?
Cheers :)

(Oh & I've got to fix replace the front light that got broke. T.g. for duct tape, hehe:D)

Attachments

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
Been neglecting the 806se since I got a new bike. Ran OK before in that freeze we had, put it away (without rinsing it off, so chain rusted) got chain freed up but seized again & needs replacement. Turned on OK and wheel spun about a month ago, now no-go.

Tried holding display power button in for longer periods, but no joy.

Have brought it in out of garage to warm up & dry off, in case damp is causing the fault. 41.4v from battery on & all 4lights lit. Noticed controller cover has lost its screws & was loose! So have taken it off to let any damp dry out & check voltage inside.

So it needs some fettling, hey ho! Do they go to sleep if left for long periods?
Cheers :)

(Oh & I've got to fix replace the front light that got broke. T.g. for duct tape, hehe:D)
I'm guessing this is related to the temperature rise back in the eemian.

MikelBikel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Ireland
I'm guessing this is related to the temperature rise back in the eemian.
Definitely, hehe, -8 up to +2, that's a 10degC rise while humans were rubbing sticks to light campfires for 10,000yrs+.
That solar friction is a so&so for melting glaciers, eh?
haha :D

MikelBikel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Ireland
Do all pls remember to oil your chains regularly and you won't be cutting them off like I will !
It appears someone may have tried to steal the battery by prising off the controller cover, snapping the plastic posts inside. Nuts. Hey ho, a ziptie will hold it on..

Attachments

MikelBikel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Ireland
20230312_194358.jpg
Ah, so not Lishui or Kunteng. Not heard of Nanjing DMHC Science & Technology Co. Wonder if there's a wiring diagram somewhere? Pins from battery connector still got 41.4v.
Maybe a little red wire to blue hack? Time to prise it out and get meter on the display connector.
"TC-480" display on e-dmhc.com, "IP64 rated.. for 24-36-48v.. "..

Last edited:

MikelBikel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Ireland
Ah, it's come up before, sorry I didn't know.

MikelBikel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Ireland
20230313_120742.jpg
This one looks most likely to be the display cable. Its also connected to two blk/blk lights? cables, which makes sense.
Red to Black at 41.4v
Red to Blue at 41.4v so blue is low?
Black to Green 0.1v no Signal?
Black to Yellow 0.1v Lights off?

Apart from the heavy red/blk power and 3 motor phase? bullet conns there are also the usual 1x 3wire pas?(Red, wh, blk) & 1x 4wire throttle? (Red, yel, grn, blk wire) conns, plus a 6wire connector I assume is for hall sensors?..

Last edited:

MikelBikel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Ireland
Linking Red to Blue did turn on controller, but no throttle & only walking speed on pas.
Linking Yellow to Green gives walking speed throttle, Or, default pas when pedals turned. Limp mode? (display disconnected).

Maybe if I connect the White to Red (the Black is already commoned) the lights will also work whenever the battery is on? (Does this mean the lights are both 36v, or is the white from display a 12v supply? Oops, check first!)

Better than nothing but looks like will still have to get new controller & display to restore full function. Hotwiring analogue bikes restores full throttle but not apparently with these, "smarter" digital bikes. Hey ho :confused:
Many thanks again to the various members who've taken time to spell out these hacks in previous threads.

And remember, oil your running gear, cover your battery & display.. Cheers:)

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Very much sounds like a display fault then as when one shorts wiring the motor works.
If Wisper can't help with a new display replace every thing with a new controller and matching display, a KT upgrade is the easiest option esp for setting up.

Advertisers