A moan & 2 questions

derrick7

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2007
Llanberis LL55 4TD (Snowdonia)
Here in Snowdonia we haven't had any floods, the water runs off to fast, but when will it stop raining:(
Does anyone know if the "oldfashioned" cycle capes are still made & if they are where do I go to get one?
My glasses get water droplets on them when I ride in the rain(no surprise!)& I was wondering whether there is someone who makes a visor that I could clip over them which I can wipe over easier than my glasses?

Derrick - Llanberis

tgame

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 6, 2007
Felixstowe
www.axst45.dsl.pipex.com
Here in Snowdonia we haven't had any floods, the water runs off to fast, but when will it stop raining:(
Does anyone know if the "oldfashioned" cycle capes are still made & if they are where do I go to get one?
My glasses get water droplets on them when I ride in the rain(no surprise!)& I was wondering whether there is someone who makes a visor that I could clip over them which I can wipe over easier than my glasses?

Derrick - Llanberis
Derek - 50cycles appear to do a good poncho. It's in their accessories section. As for the specs - nothing is as good as a sailing souwester in my experience. A good one will have a brim that will protect them completely. Any sailing gear shop will stock them.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
"Rain Away" might do the trick for your glasses Derrick.

First developed for aircraft where wipers aren't acceptable, it repels the water drops which roll off all the time, leaving vision quite clear. Now available for cars, it might suit glasses, but check with your optician to make sure it won't affect the surface hardening. I don't think it will since aircraft screens have the same hardened coating. Here's a link to a supplier:

RainAway

musicbooks

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2007

Derrick - Llanberis
Try Flecc.. he's working on a top secret project.. might be in touch with "Q";)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Specs answer above.

The traditional oilskin cape has disappeared from the UK now, it seems, but the shape is still available in more modern materials. There's one in polyester here at SJS:

Cape

Advertisers