A really well over the legal limit bike this!

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I biked down to a little bay close to the Caravan site called Traeth Bychan and there was a middle aged chap with an Ebike. The motor in the rear wheel was black and about 18" diameter.
We got into conversation and i mentioned the motor, "Isn't that above the 250 watt limit?"
"Dunno he replied got it off Ebay, it goes like a rocket!"
I made a note of the model and found the advert
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Electric-Bike-Wing-Incline-Alpha-1000W-48V-12ah-Samsung-Cells-eBike-Very-Fast-/141803293728

Better not let a copper see you on that on the road! I said, and i was thinking it was about 500 watts!
Crikey it's 1KW!

• Informative
  • Useful
Reactions: LeighPing and flecc

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
bikes are a rip off i can get a 7kw hub motor for 500 quid pmsl 12a batt gone in 60 seconds with that on it at 60 amps.

• Useful
Reactions: LeighPing

Geebee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2010
Australia
I biked down to a little bay close to the Caravan site called Traeth Bychan and there was a middle aged chap with an Ebike. The motor in the rear wheel was black and about 18" diameter.
We got into conversation and i mentioned the motor, "Isn't that above the 250 watt limit?"
"Dunno he replied got it off Ebay, it goes like a rocket!"
I made a note of the model and found the advert
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Electric-Bike-Wing-Incline-Alpha-1000W-48V-12ah-Samsung-Cells-eBike-Very-Fast-/141803293728

Better not let a copper see you on that on the road! I said, and i was thinking it was about 500 watts!
Crikey it's 1KW!
I recently got a similar sized ebike full kit (minus battery) on clearance for $88 aud (50 gbp) delivered, when fitted with a 250w controller it is actually quite a nice assist.
I am now playing with the original controller 800w but with a potentiometer in the throttle circuit to limit speed and wattage, looks promising for climbing but with a lowish top speed, I will have to fit the watt meter and see if it is below the legal limit which I suspect it will be.
The motor I have is a slow wind which helps with climbing.

• Useful
Reactions: LeighPing

Advertisers