Adding another connection point to an Alien kit

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
Dug out an old project box, purchased a kettle chassis plug and a double switch, fixed the project box to the alien controller housing and ran the wires from the Alien battery straight through to the new box plus ran the controller power cables into the new box and with the aid of the switch and kettle plug socket can run the bike when required with two batteries connected with just a flick of the switch to change from one battery to another without the fear of putting 36V into the other battery. you`ll also notice another connector sitting on top of the box that could also be used in conjunction with the other type of general battery connection if required. Just thought I`d share for anyone considering carrying a second battery.

Thanks to Tony (onmebike) for his help in sourcing the switch and advice as always.

Sorry about the quality of the photos. project_box Photo Gallery by david chilvers at pbase.com

Link to toggle switch Toggle Switch on-on 15A-250V 2 Circuits on eBay (end time 23-Jul-10 20:24:13 BST)
Dave

John L

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 23, 2007
Hi Dave - Tidy job (photos are more than clear enough). I've just fitted a sunlova kit to my bike and a second battery may well be a project for the future. Thanks for posting:)

John