Adding Throttle To An E-Bike & Problem

FamilyGuy

Just Joined
Jul 25, 2018
Hi everyone,

Whilst browsing another forum with a question in mind, a member of that forum suggested (to someone with a similar question) asking said question in this forum. To cut a long story short, I've had a "Raleigh Velo XC" e-bike for several years. It's a pedal-assist bike. But I wonder.. Would it be possible to add a throttle to it (any kind will do) and if so, how easy would it be to do? I've looked on Google and Youtube and have seen videos and forums where people talk about adding a button-type throttle to specific bikes. I'm led to believe that adding a throttle of any kind to a bike, really depends on the bike. It's not really universal. So far I've not found anything regarding mine specifically. Just wondering how feasible it would be, if at all. A picture of the bike should be attached to this post.

Whilst I am posting here, I may as well mention a problem I have with this bike. In particular when it's cold, the bike doesn't quite work properly at times. When the bike has this problem, it doesn't properly help me when pedaling (It does help a little. But not as it should). But then when I stop pedaling, it pulls me along all by itself. In time, my breaks wear out faster then normal as the bike will pull me along for too long and so I have to break harder and more frewquently. For a long time I've thought it might be down to a dodgy torque sensor. But I've no idea how to fix the issue. I don't know what the sensor looks like or where it is. As of now, the bike works fine. The hot weather seems to make it have no problems.

Thanks for reading! Help appreciated!

Attachments

Reactions: euphoriabuzz

anon4

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2017
GB
Sounds like the pedal assist sensor is screwed. Install a new one and try. As for throttle you'll have to see if your controller can take one. If not you have to order a new one with throttle input

Advertisers