alarm

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
would anyone here know how to disable an alarm on a erider model 15 moped. I only have 1 key. so dont know where to disable it. I dont mind when I park moped up, but it gets annoying when I take it out of my shed each time going off

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
It will likely be fused so trace the alarm wiring and one should find a fuse somewhere.

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
It will likely be fused so trace the alarm wiring and one should find a fuse somewhere.
I won’t have a clue where to start. I will have to take it to a moped place. What I have been doing now is not to connect battery until I’m away from houses. The alarm keeps frightening people lol at least it works.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The alarm must be traceable follow your ears to where the siren is located, root around then to actually find the alarm and then trace the wiring back. It can't be that hard surely, it will likely be behind a panel or dash and should be accessible or under the bonnet :rolleyes: .

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Having got this far with your trials and tribulations with this bike, this is likely the easiest fix for you.

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Having got this far with your trials and tribulations with this bike, this is likely the easiest fix for you.
Ok I will try removing front dash panel. I have to replace a indicator bulb anyway. Plus check other places. I actually think it’s a special key fob. But will check

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Pretty sure with your persistence/perseverance one will triumph again.

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Pretty sure with your persistence/perseverance one will triumph again.
Well I must admit I do like taking things to bits lol. But only problem is remembering how they go back again. But I have learnt over the years to take pics. Then at least will know how to replace them

On another subject I mailed ERider to ask about front indicator bulbs as there is 2 each side at front and 1 has gone. I said what type are they. They said they are £1 each. But never said what size. But are sending me 2 but charged £2.50 shipping lol. They didn’t want me to go to eBay lol . So 2 cost £4.50 but at least I will know next time.

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
I have now been told the Alarm is under the seat at the back. obviously I would have to remove the seat, but the only thing I saw under the seat at the back was the controller. as in attached picture below. unless its behind the controller. But is it hard to remove controller. as maybe when I have found the alarm. I could maybe join a wire to inside the seat compartment from the alarm with maybe a switch to disable and enable alarm

Attachments

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
Maybe you're saying it wrong

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
This movie has a bit of a cult following on many forums whenever anyone mentions the word 'Alarm'

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
Oh I see, I have never seen that movie before
It's a hard watch, quite harrowing at times, and despite being all in German you seemingly forget you are reading the subtitles, which is always the sign of a good film.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Das boot what a great film along with the film score as well.